A running list of needed WP7 fixes

Saljen

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Does the snooze make sense for bluetooth too? I seldom use my bluetooth headset, but do periodically for conference calls. Maybe a 2 hr. snooze, or better yet, how about a popup prompt when all bluetooth devices are disconnected to ask me if I want to turn it off?

I quite like that idea.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Random, repeat, and heart rating are all there already. Tap on the album art while the music is playing and the icons will appear.

It definitely should be more conspicuous. I had to find it by accident.

Was just about to say the same thing, I found that feature today!

Also want to second wqwalter's request about the marketplace and Zune crash bugs, it's the only times I've ever seen the OS fail but it would be amazing if they were sorted

Saljen

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Does the snooze make sense for bluetooth too? I seldom use my bluetooth headset, but do periodically for conference calls. Maybe a 2 hr. snooze, or better yet, how about a popup prompt when all bluetooth devices are disconnected to ask me if I want to turn it off?

I really like that idea.

mbamenra

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a FB contact who is apparently not getting synced into my People Hub contacts for some reason. I have no idea how to force sync the contact. Also, because this person does not appear in my contact list, when I swipe over to see "what's new" I can see this person's comment but the name is missing. Looks like a ghost entry.

mbamenra

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Keyboard needs more space between last row of letters and bottom row of keys. I accidentally hit the space bar far too frequently. I know the new Android 2.3 keyboard has extra space there; not sure about iphone or prior Android keyboards.

mbamenra

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I like that we can easily delete multiple emails, however I'd like to see it work identically to Android.

On Android, I can click the check boxes off to the left, but I can also tap the email itself to read the email (and verify if this is something I really want to delete), then back out to the inbox screen and complete the deletion.

However in WP7, once I bring up the multiple delete check boxes, I cannot tap to view the email.

ChrisLynch

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Random, repeat, and heart rating are all there already. Tap on the album art while the music is playing and the icons will appear.

It definitely should be more conspicuous. I had to find it by accident.

Thanks! I never saw this. Now we only need SmartDJ for it to be comparable with the Zune HD. Sync or Download Podcasts is definitely another feature I would like to see.

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Smart Dialing needs to be on the list. Windows Mobile back from the MPX200 and it was one of the great things on the platform in my mind. Scrolling through a long list takes too long, search spelling out the name on the qwerty is slower than the old smartdialing, and voice search doesn't work in loud environments (and doesn't always work in small environments).

More landscape support...this deals with apps too, but on phones with keyboards (the Quantum, and eventually the HTC 7 Pro), this can be frustrating.

Tethering over USB and WiFi officially...we pay for our data, let us use it.

Not a complaint with the OS...but no chat apps should be fixed.

Test Reflow in IE!!! Zooming in on a page shouldn't result in horizontal scrolling! Resive the text like Opera Mobile did before.

USB Storage Mode, even if the files cannot be accessed by the OS (but it would be nice if they could be)

Full Exchange Support like WM 6.x (searching Corporate Directory on <Exchange 2007, syncing of tasks, etc.)

Power settings...allow me to leave the display on if plugged in like WM 6.x did.

Allow snoozing at different intervals rather than just 5 minutes for calendar items.

Custom Ringtones please

cno53

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Made the switch from Blackberry to WP7 my device is the HD7. Love both. I talk 4000 minutes monthly as a result, phone functions are important to me. That said here is my list.

Visual Voice mail.

Access to the "phone keypad" when in People screen, Profiles screen, Text screen and Messaging Conversations screen.

Smart Dialing.

Flash support.

Ability to pin WiFi and Bluetooth tiles to start screen.

Tap once to place cursor where you want it to fall, tap twice to highlight a word.

UPS and FedEx package tracking apps.

Concerning Call History. Each person should have a "sub history" so we don't see each and every incoming and outgoing or missed call on the Call History Main Page. If I need to see the trail of calls for a particular contact I can go into "their" history to view previous calls. For example, if I'm playing phone tag with someone I don't need to see their name on my Call History Page 8 or 9 times, just the last time we tried to contact each other.

Thank you for allowing me to post my wish list. Love WP7 OS

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
People Hub : Twitter Support. Allow me to chose what FB info to see. Ability to save photos posted by friends. Indication of and the ability to read responses to my updates or posts I responded to. Quicker updating of the hub - sometimes it takes 30 seconds just to download a few updates. The 'Recent' screen is kinda useless..maybe use that to display the responses I mentioned previously.

Photo Hub: Ability to save photos posted by friends. Post to Twitter integration.

Email: Conversation view. Black background with white lettering. Choice of auto-downloading pictures. Better integration with Gmail as far as starring, deletion. Viewing emails in Sent folder. Flagged and Urgent messages *remain* in respective views until un-flagged or marked not urgent. Outlook accounts get the ability to sync by push during certain times and scheduled sync at other times just like in WinMo 6.1

Me Hub: Twitter integration.Me hub should be integrated into People hub in my opinion.

MarketPlace: Fix the scrolling/lag issues and the crashes. New apps should be listed first in every section.

Calendar: The hub tile is too austere, needs an image of sorts. Month view needs to have the appointment descriptions more visible or use color coded bars based on 'personal', 'work' and other user created definitions so we can quickly and easily determine what days are booked in month view. In month view, clicking on the day should bring up a list of the appointments for that day only, not the view of all past and current appointments..or even a list of the appointments displayed under the calendar.

Music/video hub: The hub itself should be the double hub on the start screen with the ability to display a transition of user selected album art or Zune band art. Higher resolution background images. Icons of past and paused videos should be smaller in History view.

Maps: Faster performance. Street view, integrate the compass, bus schedules, contacts address integration, save favorite places.

Notifications should remain persistent until they are addressed.

Apps need to save state in a better manner. I am tired of seeing that 'Resuming' notice.

Custom tones for ringer, text, email and all notifications.

Individual volume adjustments for ringer and music.

Auto correction for every instance where the keyboard is used.

Last edited:

r590

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Store Wifi passwords

It seems that every time I turn off my phone or leave the house, it forgets the password to my home wireless. Is there any way to store this password and make it connect automatically when it sees it is in range?????? If not this is a MUST have feature, more important than copy and paste!

rio

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
active sync

I am about to buy android, for the first time ever, because wp 7 simply MUST HAVE sync to PC option

SilverBulletKY

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it's already been mentioned but we need to be able to delete individual text messages from a conversation without deleting the whole conversation. I used this a lot on the iphone.

ChevyMSU35

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
It seems that every time I turn off my phone or leave the house, it forgets the password to my home wireless. Is there any way to store this password and make it connect automatically when it sees it is in range?????? If not this is a MUST have feature, more important than copy and paste!

I've never had this problem, nor have I heard of anyone else having this problem. My HD7 connects to my home wireless network automatically every time. I entered the network key once and haven't had to do it since.

thanos911

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I also never have this problem with my Samsung Focus. It is connected to a WPA2/Personal Linksys router. I know that other wireless devices have had problems with this router asking for the password randomly, but that was an IPhone4, and intermittently the Iphone 3G. It's odd that this happens with certain devices and routers.

Craig Montgomery

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Power Schemes:

The ability to keep the display on when running certain applications, like Zune or YouTube; keep the display on longer when plugged in to power, etc.

brambo23

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I am sure some of this has been said already but I'm just putting in my list

OS In general:
Ability to use Custom Ringtones and Notifications
Customized Theme besides light and dark background ( ability to use pictures ) also more color options for the buttons, (black would of been fine if i could of used yellow buttons , pittsburgh fan).
Ability to take snap shots
Alarm goes off even if the phone is on vibrate ( woke up late multiple times because of this)
Need to fix the scrolling on browsing the web, most sites I've been to and there is a scroll bar, I am unable to use it.

Zune:
Needs an EQ
Different volume sets based on speaker and headphones
Longer time on the lockscreen playback buttons (currently if I don't touch it in about 2 seconds, it goes away)

Desired apps:
Pandora (I really don't like last.fm or slacker)
Working Messanger app ( I don't see why microsoft cannot make a windows live messanger themselves, the only one out right now doesn't work at all.)
Bank of America App (really miss this )

I'm sure I'll have more but this is it for now =D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa