Screen protector / UGH!!!!

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Any tricks to putting these dang things on?!!!!

I am kind of a perfectionist and have a very steady hand but I can not get these things on w/o having a corner or edge not staying down. I have went through all 3 that came in the pack and now I am efn POed. Considering going back to the store to complain, get them to give me another pack and ask them to see if they can do it.

A very good friend told me to use a tiny tiny bit of baby powder but IDK.

AndrewakaMJ

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Used a Skinomi on my Palm Pre Plus, and it was easy to put on and looks great, even after 7 months of use. It seems a little intimidating at first, because you're spraying a liquid solution they provide onto your phone, then putting the screen protector on, then using the squiggie to remove bubbles. It is definitely easier than it sounds, and is the best looking protector I've used/seen. The biggest downside: you're supposed to keep the phone off for 12 hours or so after installing.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man. you know that sounds a lot like when I use to race RC cars. When applying the decals to the lexan bodies we would use a very light mist of water and soap. This would allow you to manipulate the sticker and work out all the bubbles. You would also need to leave it alone afterwards to allow the soapy water to dry out. Like you said though it is just scary spraying any electrical device.

chnkfc

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
i just let the salesperson at Tmo store put it on. He mess up with the first pack but said,"great thing about working here,I can keep opening these up when i mess up." haha

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
If it's the AT&T branded screen protectors, they're just worthless lately. All of the BB AT&T protectors I purchased were awesome, but all 6 of the ones I bought for my Focus have had unadhesive corners or edges. Completely unacceptable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05