1st update. Heres what we are getting.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
LOL, that's a waste of a web page. That update should be release BEFORE the first major update (NoDo), then followed by Mango. If MS was really taking a shot a google for their doughnut update, then they failed miserably. This seem just as minor as the doughnut update.

But thank goodness for the better marketplace search, cause right now its a fluster cuck.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Isn't that update coming before NoDo? How do you know it's not part of it?

I'm happy they are committed to making the OS/Device more pleasant to use and will take any updates I can get. Not bad in my eyes being its only been a tad over 2 months since they deployed in the US. Even if it's just a baby step at least it's a step.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's coming in the next few months. Of course they are committed, it's their new flagship phone OS. Nope I don't know if it's coming before NoDo, a part of NoDo or not.
Isn't that update coming before NoDo? How do you know it's not part of it?

I'm happy they are committed to making the OS/Device more pleasant to use and will take any updates I can get. Not bad in my eyes being its only been a tad over 2 months since they deployed in the US. Even if it's just a baby step at least it's a step.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm happiest about the MarketPlace search the most. Disappointed with the Keynote speech though. Maybe Microsoft is humbled a little by the success of Android when it comes to phones, but MS is a giant. I don't want to see them succumb to anyone.

Did you see the copy/paste demo during the Keynote? Pretty cool. Can't wait to get it.

If MS was really taking a shot a google for their doughnut update, then they failed miserably.

NoDo is not related to Android 1.6. It was about a dude that lost a bet and forgot to bring donuts to a meeting.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
nodo.. is not ...

nodo is not a reference to Android. Just an FYI.. tweeted by Charlie Kindle.. is reference to someone that failed to bring donuts to a meeting after losing a bet..

Lookup @ckindle on twitter..

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
From what I have read it will be sent out to carriers this month and consumers should expect to see it February. Crossing my fingers for sooner but not holding my breath. Note Microsoft themselves never give an exact time frame so all has to be taken with a grain of salt.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I would normally be rude and post a link to the thread from back in November when everyone was saying how HUGE this update was going to be, and then everyone ripped my head off when I told them it would probably just be copy and paste along with some bug fixes.. but I'm not in a rude mood. :D

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Yes it is. Just thought having "january update" in the URL is very telling.
Yes, it's telling that the URL exists.

It's been rumored that there'd be a January/February update for a while. An update released to carriers in January for release by carriers in February makes sense. I don't know how or why people would think they'd release an update before the aforementioned update (NoDo).

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it's telling that the URL exists.

It's been rumored that there'd be a January/February update for a while. An update released to carriers in January for release by carriers in February makes sense. I don't know how or why people would think they'd release an update before the aforementioned update (NoDo).

It wasn't necessarily rumored since Belfiore announced this at the WP7 keynote before WP7 was launched, but I'm with you on having no idea why people would expect a pre-NoDo update.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
It wasn't necessarily rumored since Belfiore announced this at the WP7 keynote before WP7 was launched, but I'm with you on having no idea why people would expect a pre-NoDo update.
I was just about to edit my post to mention that I thought someone at MS had said it. :)

It's hard to keep up with what's official sometimes, especially given how wishy washy they've been with things like multitasking since it was shown at last year's MWC.

merrick

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Stop all going over board at that list. That's just a peek - they say over the next coming months.

I reckon they are the most requested that they've been asked for and their doing a sneak peak. That's all. Wait until solid info on the update along with release date and release notes are made before jumping on the band wagon of hate!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99