Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

is there another way i can transfer music to my Optimus 7? Zune, for me, is really a pain to use.

How is it a pain for you to use? Are you sure you know what you're doing with it? If not, I can help you.

And as far as I know, there is no alternative.

By a pain do you mean that your computer is a bit old so it runs slow? If that's the case then try toning down the display settings.
    Whats the specific problem. My buddy who just came from a iPhone 3 said Zune was so much easier to transfer then iTunes. Because of that I have to agree with L3vi and wonder if its just a hardware issue on your end.
    HTC Surround
    BOOMER!

Quote Originally Posted by action_efn_jackson View Post
    Whats the specific problem. My buddy who just came from a iPhone 3 said Zune was so much easier to transfer then iTunes. Because of that I have to agree with L3vi and wonder if its just a hardware issue on your end.
    But its usually impossible for everyone to like one thing. But it could be he hasn't given it enough of a chance yet, since he could be new to it and all.

I'm having some problems getting used to Zune too. Long time itunes user here. I seem to miss drag & drop onto playlists the most. With the Zune I have to search through the list of artists in through the software. Once I find the song I'm looking for, I have to search for the playlist all over again, then drag the song over to it. The problem I'm having is that list of songs isn't self-refreshing.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkf View Post
    I'm having some problems getting used to Zune too. Long time itunes user here. I seem to miss drag & drop onto playlists the most. With the Zune I have to search through the list of artists in through the software. Once I find the song I'm looking for, I have to search for the playlist all over again, then drag the song over to it. The problem I'm having is that list of songs isn't self-refreshing.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Yes you are.

You go to your collections, and you drag your songs/albums/artists to you playlist on the bottom left. Next to the phone/cd icon where you can drag to there.
    Thanked by:
    ikkf 

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Zune is really easy to use. If you need any help just ask.

Most of your files are in collection, just drag them to the little phone icon on the left and done. Can't be any more easier. ( Though the program flashiness can distract you )

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwpanti View Post
    is there another way i can transfer music to my Optimus 7? Zune, for me, is really a pain to use.
    you can use windows media player as well, but nothing is better than zune. the UI is beautiful and it is super user friendly. even better than itunes...

like stated earlier if you are having issues just ask, probably an easy solution.

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Long-time iPod user --> iTunes user.

After installing Zune to manage my Focus, I realized there was really a better way to do stuff. Microsoft knocked it out of the park.

I love Zune. It's just so... intuitive and good-looking :)

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    Yeah, Zune is pretty ****ty sometimes. Its slow and unresponsive a lot. I wish I could dump it too sometimes.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justop26 View Post
    Long-time iPod user --> iTunes user.

After installing Zune to manage my Focus, I realized there was really a better way to do stuff. Microsoft knocked it out of the park.

I love Zune. It's just so... intuitive and good-looking :)
    I am also a big fan. People tell me I'm doing it wrong, but when I have to sync my iPad it takes up to an hour. That sucks.

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    Yeah, Zune is pretty ****ty sometimes. Its slow and unresponsive a lot. I wish I could dump it too sometimes.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    it shouldnt be slow an unresponsive at all, if it is , there is something wrong. i have never had any issues whatsoever, and it is definately smoother and faster than itunes. are you 64bit? is your pc older / newer? what is your resolution set at?

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    It's fairly new, almost a year old.
    Intel i3
    4G of ram
    64 bit
    17" screen [highest resolution]
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyMaker View Post
    it shouldnt be slow an unresponsive at all, if it is , there is something wrong. i have never had any issues whatsoever, and it is definately smoother and faster than itunes. are you 64bit? is your pc older / newer? what is your resolution set at?

Yeah you should be having any problems. I have half those specs and Zune runs flawlessly.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    I'm going to try to uninstall/reinstall Zune.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm5101 View Post
    Yeah you should be having any problems. I have half those specs and Zune runs flawlessly.

I find that the service is slow at times, but the software is quick. For example, sometimes when searching, the results from my collection return quickly but results from the marketplace bog down. Is that what you're experiencing?

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    No I'm experiencing slow load/boot times. Lets say I click on the Zune launcher. The software opens, but sits at a white screen for about 30 seconds or so. When I plug in my phone, it freezes up then recovers, but doesn't see the phone for another 15 - 20 seconds. Once it sees the phone, it takes another 20 - 30 seconds for it to start sync with the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I find that the service is slow at times, but the software is quick. For example, sometimes when searching, the results from my collection return quickly but results from the marketplace bog down. Is that what you're experiencing?

Hmm, sound horrible. Try reinstalling for sure!

And of course check your computer for bad nasty things (TM).

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    FYI, I am using the beta Zuna client too. But I haven't seen anyone else having problems.

Yeah, I'm using the Zune beta client as well but I'm not having any problems at all. Runs the same as the current (non-beta) release...

On top of re-installing, I would also try deleting the configuration in AppData. But just FYI, if you delete your collection database files it will have to re-build your collection.

I downloaded the Zune software, and I can't get it to sync with my new Dell Venue Pro. My computer recognizes my phone, showing it as "Windows 7 Phone". However, the Zune software doesn't see my phone. Anybody have any ideas as to what I can do to rectify the situation?

There one good source is to send a tweet to @zunesupport (best to do it during the week) or there is 1(877)438-9863 which is the Zune Support line (24/7). If anyone, they should be able to help.

Okay guys: winamp has android/ipod support.

I have an ssd on my laptop and to conserve precious space i keep media on a big capacity thumb drive. Zune will not let me transfer from the thumb drive to the phone without copying first to the hdd.

What do you suggest? Skydrive can't download to the phone... only plays one song... sigh.

this is annoying. M$ isn't preventing piracy just getting in my way. I would have still had a desktop with windows on it if the last update didn't corrupt it somehow!
    Hey guys, my name is Theo, and I've been using Zune for a very long time, even before 4.0. But I've recently been having a TON of problems with the software and my HTC Surround WP7. Zune, at random times, will remove my album covers and rearrange the order in which I loaded songs into the player. It will also confuse me by showing me that a song isn't on my device, but when I go to my device (unconnected) the song is there; and when I go back to Zune to put the song on my phone so the indicator will tell me that it is on my phone, the indicator will show up, but I will have two copies of the file on my phone. Can someone help me with these various problems please?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast