problem with m.google.com, error code 85010001

7thblue

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have two gmail accounts synced to my samsung focus. First one set to sync when items arrive and second one set to sync every hour. Everything was working fine for the past few weeks until yesterday when I suddenly received an error message whenever I click on the gmail tiles: "there is a problem with m.google.com, please check back later, error code 85010001". And that error message wouldn't go away until I had to completely shut off the phone. Then same error message happened again this morning, and all the mails I received overnight were not synced.

Did anyone else have this problem? I looked up the error code online and someone says change your regional/language setting to English USA, which it is on my phone. Don't know what else to try....

Thanks.

scagglio

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
fix

I'm not sure if you figured it out, yet. I had this problem this morning and a quick restart fixed it! Hope that helps and good luck!

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
7thblue,

We have an article in queue for being published on the main site going into this issue that many WP7 owners seem to be experiencing. While I can't reproduce the issue myself (I have tried countless times after many reboots/resyncs etc.) try the following to see if this helps:
1. Reboot device (confirmed by scagglio above).
2. Change your language from English US to English UK; reboot and change back again (US only).
3. Check if you have any stuck outgoing mail or draft messages.

If you are still experiencing the problem after trying the above, you could attempt to re-add your Gmail account. Google are looking into this but are having trouble reproducing the problem.

7thblue

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for all the replies. Rebooting did solve the problem yesterday, however this morning the same problem happened and I had a lot of emails queued up from the previous night, which was frustrating.

I just tried changing the language settings again + make sure no emails in my outbox/draft folder, hopefully it won't recur.

Also, there is a long thread on the google support page (link below) regarding this problem. Apparently it is a world-wide issue with some recent gmail changes.

m.google.com error 85010001 - Google Mobile Help

j2inet

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Attachment blocking

I've not gotten that error. What I have noticed is that Gmail seems to treat attachments differently depending on if the extension is in upper case or lower case. It seems to block attachments that are in the wrong case, no idea why.

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Slightly off topic, but while we're talking about gmail - has anyone figured out how to delete gmail emails on your phone and have them actually delete instead of go into the archive folder? Has anyone tried it with IMAP and gmail's Advanced IMAP lab features?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett