Anyone interested in podcasting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hombaca05

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi all! Name's Andrew. Wondering if anyone is interested in trying to start a WP podcast. No disrespect intended to WPCentral and their podcast, which I eagerly look forward to coming back. I really have a passion for all things WP and am dissatisfied with the amount, or lack thereof, of good WP podcasts. WPRadio is good, but those guys work for MS, so they can't exactly talk about everything.

Full disclosure, I don't have experience podcasting but am hoping to learn quickly and possibly be ready to roll in a month or so. So if you're as extroverted as me, and passionate a/b WP get at me and lets see what we can work out. I use an HTC Surround and would prefer my fellow podcasters have different devices but if not, that works too. You can PM on here or preferably shoot me an email @ hombaca_05@hotmail.com. Thanks to anyone interested.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Sooooo....my name is Andrew....and I'm a broadcasting production major in college.....:)

But I don't actually have a phone yet, but I feel like I could definitely do something. I'm interested.

P.S....it's actually because I can't buy one yet, no GSM in my state (which I'm getting sick of having to talk about) but i'm eligible for an upgrade on Verizon, so i'll either upgrade or even possibly switch to AT&T as soon as I can.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
wait, what?
I'm curious about that too. Every state has GSM. Some states, like Alaska, and states in the western region of the nation aren't exactly bastions of GSM awesomeness, but that's to be expected giving long expanses of sparsely-populated rural areas.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
wait, what?

It's called, "living in North Dakota", there's GSM roaming here but neither T-Mobile or AT&T have an official presence. I could certainly lie to either of them about my Zip code, but I wouldn't ever get any 3G in the entire state.

Which seems kinda pointless.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Better Than You Think

It's called, "living in North Dakota", there's GSM roaming here but neither T-Mobile or AT&T have an official presence. I could certainly lie to either of them about my Zip code, but I wouldn't ever get any 3G in the entire state.

Which seems kinda pointless.

A couple of years ago I had AT&T when I moved west onto North Dakota. I had all the voice and data service I needed in the Fargo and surrounding area. (This is still not their official market.) I only had to switch Alltel because of poor reception in my basement apartment. CDMA was only a little better. I found out later that no carrier had adequate reception right there, but I stayed with Alltel because I liked my new device. I have friends who continue to have great GSM service in Fargo when they come to visit, but it's technically still roaming. (Obviously no extra charges though.) I am only waiting for the official transition to get my free Quantum. With just a little more research, I wouldn't feel bad about recommending getting AT&T before the transition is official. I can only speak for the eastern side of ND, but it's something to consider.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
A couple of years ago I had AT&T when I moved west onto North Dakota. I had all the voice and data service I needed in the Fargo and surrounding area. (This is still not their official market.) I only had to switch Alltel because of poor reception in my basement apartment. CDMA was only a little better. I found out later that no carrier had adequate reception right there, but I stayed with Alltel because I liked my new device. I have friends who continue to have great GSM service in Fargo when they come to visit, but it's technically still roaming. (Obviously no extra charges though.) I am only waiting for the official transition to get my free Quantum. With just a little more research, I wouldn't feel bad about recommending getting AT&T before the transition is official. I can only speak for the eastern side of ND, but it's something to consider.

It's edge data. If you look at the map of coverage it's partner covered Edge...not mobile broadband (3g). For Fargo anyways.

I live in Minot. Which the map now says, it's actually mobile broadband. I've just been waiting for AT&T to take over Alltel. Which, I'm hoping will be AT&T's newest stuff HSPA+ baby!

TheVakman

Jan 27, 2011
gadgico.com
He doesn't seem to be replying to me, unfortunately.
If anyone wants, let me know their email and we can get this going.
[emails removed per posting rules]
You can also tweet at me, link is in my signature. Or just chat here to an extent. Private message. Anything really...
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

kevynpm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
@TheVakman, @gibbyhome:

Andrew and I have started preparations for a new windows phone podcast. We are hoping to have our first episode out by the end of March. We may be looking for more hosts, but have yet to decide. If you've sent your info to Andrew, we'll certainly review it and get back to you.

- kevyn

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I just spoke with a AT&T store rep and yes, It'll be HSPA+!!

I spoke with an AT&T rep last week and they told me that my Focus and Torch will both have 4G once they get software updates.

Take AT&T rep knowledge with a bucket of salt, because it's usually just point-blank wrong to make the customer happy. I wouldn't say they're lies, because I truly believe that they have zero training on the matter and just guess at most of the answers required of them.

Back on topic - I'm really looking forward to the podcast :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss