Are you happy?

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Not with life, with WP7.

Like are you sincerely happy with it?

Do you see yourself with a WP7 phone in a year?

Do you even care about the update?

I've had iOS, Android, BB, Sym, and even a Sidekick in the past 2-3 years, and none of them have frustrated me to the point that WP7 has.. I'm just wondering if I'm alone. I want, so badly, to love this OS, but it's bugs driving me absolutely insane.

pikacz

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
yes, i'm sincerely and completely happy with my mozart :) the speed and smoothness is just million times better than the choppy android which i had for over a year. for now i don't care about the update, i almost never use c&p, but free navigation would be nice and some offline maps too

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I gave up on it. I'll stick with ios and android. WP7 became boring really fast and the bugs are unreal. More power to anyone who likes wp7 but it just didn't do what I needed it to do.

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Opposite experience from mgarcia-I've gone through the same run (other than the Sidekick) over the last year..I'd rather give Microsoft a (further) chance than go back to any of the others mentioned.

As always, YMMV etc.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm am, but almost ready to throw in the towel. Zune unlimited is the only thing holding up a switch to Andriod.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Enemy Zero

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had Blackberry, IOS and Android in the past couple years and although I LOVED android, the fragmentation and update process really turned me off. WP7 so far doesn't do half of what my Nexus One could do but for some reason I can't put WP7 down.

I can't explain it. I love the soft keyboard more than any keyboard I've used and the look and feel of the UI is great. It's snappy and I haven't had issues with any of the bugs I hear people talking about. If they could get a real multitasking option and API's for the camera to developers this phone would be the one to beat. I didn't realize how much I used the QR barcode scanner on android since being on WP7. I truly miss that feature and the WP7 options suck.

I'm not completely satisfied but I am happy and I'm looking forward to what the future holds. I look back to IOS and Android's first devices and they were kinda in the same boat. Lots of bugs and missing features and both have turned into powerhouses. I think if WP7 has gotten this much right so far in Ver. 1 there's going to be things to come that may blow the other mobile OS's out of the water. Even though so many OS's out there do so much more, I'd be really sad to give this phone up.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
it's bugs driving me absolutely insane.

I have read just about every post or thread you have commented or started. I have to say I think a lot of your complaints sometimes seem overly picky and because of that I can see you unhappy with every other OS out there in one way or another.

The only bug I have experienced is the occasional market place crash. Maybe 3 x's a week.

100% satisfied and looking forward to the future.

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I guess it depends on the phone. I had the marketplace and music tile crash 3 times yesterday. I guess there might be some type of QC issue going on. Hell, my wireless sync still doesn't work. The bugs I've experienced in WP7 have been much worst that my BB, iOs, and Android phone. But I expected as much from a rev A product.

When I first got the phone I was 100% satisfied, after a month or so of using it, that dropped to probably about 80%. I added Zune Pass, and now I'll give it a 85% satisfactory rating.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty buggy with all the crashing. Still, I like the interface a lot more than iOS. iOS had apps crash quite often in my experience with it, the only difference was that with iOS you would not have to reboot the phone to get it working again.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
yes, i'm sincerely and completely happy with my mozart :) the speed and smoothness is just million times better than the choppy android which i had for over a year. for now i don't care about the update, i almost never use c&p, but free navigation would be nice and some offline maps too

My first phone was an Cingular HTC 8125. I miss the freedom of Windows Mobile. I miss being able to cut my own song put it in the ringtones folder and having a new ringtone. This is a little too 'Appley' for my liking, yet even with these bugs it is so much faster and smoother. We will see how I feel in a few months.

M4arc

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So far, so good for me. I've very happy with WP7 but I also understand it's early in it's lifecycle and there might be some growing pains. But so far I haven't had an issues (knock on wood).

I do think I'll have it in a year and I think the experience will be much better. I think we'll see some big updates coming that will improve the OS and fix the bugs.

I don't care much about the update right now because I don't have a big need for cut-n-paste. I lived without it on my original iPhone and then when I got it I barely used it. I would like to see an update that improves performance but I'm good for now.

raremage

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I said both yes and no.

I'm fairly satisfied with the functions, but there are also significant limitations. There are aspects of the Venue Pro that I absolutely love (The Zune sync capabilities, the physical keyboard is excellent, the interface, live tiles, Excahnge integration, etcetera...) but I'd be lying if I didn't say I am still considering another change - either to Android or iOS.

I suspect the first patch will make or break WP7 for many folks.

blackleg

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, definitely in love with this os.
I have blackberry, ios and android on galaxy tab.

Blackberry os6 is insanely frustrating on bb 9700 it does after 6th telese of an update of os 6 atill lagging everywhere.

Never had a bigger enthusiasm on a phone than on wp7
:)

Sent from my 7 Mozart T8698 using Board Express

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I guess it depends on the phone. I had the marketplace and music tile crash 3 times yesterday. I guess there might be some type of QC issue going on. Hell, my wireless sync still doesn't work. The bugs I've experienced in WP7 have been much worst that my BB, iOs, and Android phone. But I expected as much from a rev A product.

When I first got the phone I was 100% satisfied, after a month or so of using it, that dropped to probably about 80%. I added Zune Pass, and now I'll give it a 85% satisfactory rating.

Your wireless sync doesn't work? Did you set it up? You know you have to enable some settings in the Zune software, right?

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My first phone was an Cingular HTC 8125. I miss the freedom of Windows Mobile. I miss being able to cut my own song put it in the ringtones folder and having a new ringtone. This is a little too 'Appley' for my liking, yet even with these bugs it is so much faster and smoother. We will see how I feel in a few months.

I remember M$ talking about an app that will allow you to edit and create custom ringtones coming. I believe they mentioned it at CES. How do you know NoDo won't have custom ringtone support? ;-)

http://gadgetsteria.com/2010/11/29/massive-windows-phone-7-update-coming-in-early-2011-wp7/#

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, i've done the setup several times and it can see my phone is on the same network as laptop. It's all setup up properly. I looked at the official forum today and I might be having some firewall issues. So I'm going to follow some hints from there, hopefully it'll work out.
Your wireless sync doesn't work? Did you set it up? You know you have to enable some settings in the Zune software, right?

jtn05

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Overall i would say i am pretty happy with WP7. Zune and the metro UI are the main features that keep me hooked.

I do think that i will still be using it in a year.(unless Microsoft can't catch up fast enough)

i just hope WP7 doesn't get stagnant until the mango update.

Last edited:

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have read just about every post or thread you have commented or started. I have to say I think a lot of your complaints sometimes seem overly picky and because of that I can see you unhappy with every other OS out there in one way or another.

The only bug I have experienced is the occasional market place crash. Maybe 3 x's a week.

100% satisfied and looking forward to the future.

I'm not alone with my bug issues.. compared to some of the XDA kids, I'm actually pretty laid back when it comes to my annoyances with the bugs.. and it's not even the bugs that bother me, it's the fact that Microsoft is almost trying to make it look like they don't even care that they're there, or that they exist.

That being said, this week's pre-update-update has been an absolute disaster, and no amount of WP7 fanboyism can deny that. MS has launched the absolute smallest patch possible, and they've ended up bricking what I can only imagine is tens of thousands of Samsung handsets. It was a miniscule update to update the update process (ugh), and the irony that they're bricking phones by updating the software so that updates don't brick phones is blowing my mind.

The ineptitude of the WP7 team at handling the bug issues and update process has gone from being the worst in the industry (which is something to say for an OS that's only been out for 3 1/2 months) to a laughing stock, and (no offense to anyone, but) I'm jealous of the people in this thread (or this forum in general) that just take this abuse with a grain of salt and keep chugging along whistling the "everything's gonna be alright" tune. I truly am, I wish I was as care-free and had such low standards for how a phone should operate, it would make this journey through early adoption much less painful.

I'm done ranting. Feel free to respond with your comments of how I'm being too hard on Microsoft by expecting them to deliver a bare minimum of service to their community, or how I'm expecting too much by wanting an OS that runs properly, even if that means giving up basic functionality that's offered by other OS's. I'm going to cry in the corner, and pray to Lord Ballmer that my Samsung won't brick when I finally get my "update update".

edit: I'll sleep better knowing that I'm not the only person that feels this way.

Last edited:

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I remember M$ talking about an app that will allow you to edit and create custom ringtones coming. I believe they mentioned it at CES. How do you know NoDo won't have custom ringtone support? ;-)

Massive Windows Phone 7 Update Coming in Early 2011. #wp7

Well thats nice and all, but an application to make edits to a folder is a little out there. And by the looks of things all macs might turn into an iPhone like ecosystem. I wonder how PCs will fare if MS goes the same direction.

Overall though its the best phone ever. Just little things irk me.

I'm not alone with my bug issues.. compared to some of the XDA kids, I'm actually pretty laid back when it comes to my annoyances with the bugs.. and it's not even the bugs that bother me, it's the fact that Microsoft is almost trying to make it look like they don't even care that they're there, or that they exist.

That being said, this week's pre-update-update has been an absolute disaster, and no amount of WP7 fanboyism can deny that. MS has launched the absolute smallest patch possible, and they've ended up bricking what I can only imagine is tens of thousands of Samsung handsets. It was a miniscule update to update the update process (ugh), and the irony that they're bricking phones by updating the software so that updates don't brick phones is blowing my mind.

The ineptitude of the WP7 team at handling the bug issues and update process has gone from being the worst in the industry (which is something to say for an OS that's only been out for 3 1/2 months) to a laughing stock, and (no offense to anyone, but) I'm jealous of the people in this thread (or this forum in general) that just take this abuse with a grain of salt and keep chugging along whistling the "everything's gonna be alright" tune. I truly am, I wish I was as care-free and had such low standards for how a phone should operate, it would make this journey through early adoption much less painful.

I'm done ranting. Feel free to respond with your comments of how I'm being too hard on Microsoft by expecting them to deliver a bare minimum of service to their community, or how I'm expecting too much by wanting an OS that runs properly, even if that means giving up basic functionality that's offered by other OS's. I'm going to cry in the corner, and pray to Lord Ballmer that my Samsung won't brick when I finally get my "update update".

edit: I'll sleep better knowing that I'm not the only person that feels this way.

Bugs are annoying but if your phone didn't die whats the problem? Yes its a pain for the image and blah blah blah, it doesn't seem you mind that.

Other than that it seems like you are missing features when you jumped ship. But you jumped ship knowing, it sounds like, what you were in store for. Thats like me moving into a smaller house and complaing about the lack of space.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I knew what I'd be giving up. That's no problem. I thought I knew what I'd be getting in return. I thought I'd be getting frequent updates to handle bugs. I thought I'd be getting C&P in January. I thought I'd be getting a phone that worked properly. It's not what I knew I'd be missing, it's the huge list of things that are just plain broken and sometimes I think I'm the only person on this forum (and/or including MS employees) that cares if this phone operates the way it's intended. This is a broken, faulty OS and the amount of people accepting that and taking it is startling.

All I really want is a WP7.1 phone to save me from my WP7.0 phone.

.. and just cuz I'm curious, how did you even come to that conclusion? I don't think anywhere, in any of my posts, have I said I'm upset because I'm missing something that's available on another OS.. Just C&P and that's only because it was point blank promised to us in January at a WP7 launch in Sept/Oct. If anything, I'm still on WP7 because of the features it DOES have, namely Office/Zune/XBL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss