Verizon WP7 ? getting close ?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear it. I was thinking we wouldn't see WP7 on Verizon after Verizon and Motorola were bad mouthing it. Plus Verizon probably paid a lot of money to get the iPhone. Too bad I jumped ship to AT&T already.

jdnely

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Um, the device in that image says Verizon, but the info blotted out on the bottom says Sim ID. Verizon doesn't use Sim cards, so the device wouldn't have a Sim ID right?

I say photoshop

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Um, the device in that image says Verizon, but the info blotted out on the bottom says Sim ID. Verizon doesn't use Sim cards, so the device wouldn't have a Sim ID right?

I say photoshop

Lots of Verizon phones use SIM cards....they make plenty of world phones that have GSM voice support for roaming.

From Engadget's article way back last year on the Verizon flyer.....

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/15/htc-trophy-with-windows-phone-7-coming-to-verizon-in-early-2011/

"It's unclear whether Verizon will ever get HTC's 7 Pro, but it's a lock that Big Red will eventually have some manner of Windows Phone 7 gear in its lineup -- and now we've got one in the flesh. Looks like HTC will be remixing the Trophy for use on CDMA networks, featuring a 3.8-inch WVGA display, 5 megapixel cam, 16GB of storage, and 802.11n, and Verizon is circulating a brochure for Microsoft employees saying they'll be able to buy the Trophy in "early 2011" for $199.99 at launch when they renew their contracts now (they'll also get a leather case and a car charger for free, but hey, they're Microsofties). Oh, and that's not the best part: the Trophy is also identified as being a "quad band global phone," meaning you'll be able to roam on GSM networks when you leave the US behind -- a feature Verizon seems to be pushing pretty hard across its smartphone lineup now. Follow the break for a bigger version of the pamphlet."

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Definitely a quad bander... everything I've seen says its a world phone.. so ya sim card would be valid in that repect.. :)

now we just need word from VZW.. ahem...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte