Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I have an HD7 on T-Mobile and I haven't gotten the update yet. I just went into Zune, settings, check for update and nothing. Says I'm running 7.0 (7004). Is T-Mobile blocking the update or am I just in one of the last groups to have the update pushed to us?

I have a Samsung focus and haven't got the update either. I think maybe most of the us carriers haven't pushed it yet.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Here'a a wee list that WMPU compiled of carriers who HAVE NOT blocked the update. You may find it useful.

Carriers who are confirmed to be pushing out updates

I myself received the update fine on a UK based Samsung Omnia 7 (3 Network)
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 02-28-2011 at 04:47 AM.

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    I haven't got it either. Focus, AT&T. But looking at the bricks it's produced. I guess I don't want it.

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    I heard T-Mobile is blocking this one in favor of the next one because there was a supposed radio firmware update that is still being ironed out that supposedly saves the HD7 some good amount of battery life and hey I'm all for it because we will be receiving that prep update anyways, all I really hope though is that with this new radio firmware comes better signal strength, I'm not having issues with my signal since coverage in my area is superb.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    I asked this in another thread and didn't get a straight answer, but..

.. why do you want or need this update? Honest question, did I miss something?

Global Posts
    2,998 Global Posts
    For us Dell venue pro users, it seems stupid for t-mo to block an update for a phone they dont sell in their stores and dont support in any way. I though it would be treated like an unlocked device, but sadly I was wrong. I hope Nokia WP7 phones wont be in the same boat.

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    For us Dell venue pro users, it seems stupid for t-mo to block an update for a phone they dont sell in their stores and dont support in any way. I though it would be treated like an unlocked device, but sadly I was wrong. I hope Nokia WP7 phones wont be in the same boat.
    well I'm not sure about the venue pro... I think that it being blocked for the HD7 because of that radio update makes sense. I have no idea how the third party phones would work in accordance with the carriers.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    You have no idea how isolate us DVP users feel. Dell barely cares. T-Mobile refuses to acknowledge they carry us.

I just hope to have the update sooner-than-later....