Push Notification error

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting this on another app now. Whenever I open AlphaJax or Send to window Phone, I get this error message:

Push Notification error: Failed to open channel

Anyone know what's happening?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if i've reached the "push" limit? I can't get rid of the damn error message. I'm not getting push notifications anymore!

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
this happened to me when I tried to enable push notifications for govoice. I think I had reached my limit at that point. I tried to disable notifications on other apps but it still didn't work. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall govoice, to no avail. I was scheduled to reset my phone anyways in order to install an sd card and I used that as a fresh start for notifications. Haven't hit the limit yet.

Maybe you can turn off notifications for some of your other apps and do a soft reset.

In my experiemce, WP7 just isn't dependable when it comes to push notifications (i've had to mostly give up on alphajax, spell it and weather channel because of this).

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a couple apps giving me the "can't open channel error" and I should not be close to the limit, even including any apps I only tried but don't still have installed. Been working with devs to figure out. But I have a few apps that work fine, so I don't get it. Another thing that I hope NoDo and an HTC firmware update addresses. Pro Sports Scores & Smart Tile both give me the error.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok thing are getting ridiculous MS better start releasing some updates or I'm sure we'll see some type of class action lawsuit. If I don't see a update by Friday, I'm switching to an Android phone. The phone just doesn't work
this happened to me when I tried to enable push notifications for govoice. I think I had reached my limit at that point. I tried to disable notifications on other apps but it still didn't work. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall govoice, to no avail. I was scheduled to reset my phone anyways in order to install an sd card and I used that as a fresh start for notifications. Haven't hit the limit yet.

Maybe you can turn off notifications for some of your other apps and do a soft reset.

In my experiemce, WP7 just isn't dependable when it comes to push notifications (i've had to mostly give up on alphajax, spell it and weather channel because of this).

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills