Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
i havent found a general help section for the default wp7 software

how do i sync music???

what do software i need?

what the heck is zune pass ??

why do i need to subscribe?

do i need a zune pass??

why is it i cant get my phone into usb mode to drop the files in??

how do i get pictures on and off my phone.??

yeah... alot of questions :p

so please help where you can!!

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi Sketch, I'll try and keep this as simple as possible, syncing music is very easy on WP7

i havent found a general help section for the default wp7 software

how do i sync music???
what do software i need?
You install the Zune software onto your computer, which is used to manage all the music, pictures and videos on your device. Then you tell Zune where your music is on your computer, or start copying to the computer from CDs.
Then you simply drag the songs/artists/albums that you want onto your device, a little phone icon appears at the bottom of the Zune software to represent it.

what the heck is zune pass ??
why do i need to subscribe?
do i need a zune pass??
To start, you don't need a zune pass, and you don't need to subscribe, you can use your own music however you like, and you can chose to buy albums and songs from the music marketplace, either using the Zune pc software or directly using the phone.
Zune pass is only useful if (like me) you really love your music and want access to pretty much all the music in the world.
With Zune pass you can pay a certain amount a month, then download as many songs as you like to your phone (either on the phone itself or using the Zune software). Those songs will always be available to you as long as you pay the subscription, if you stop paying it you can't listen to the songs any more.
However included in the subscription is 10 song purchases per month which will be yours forever, regardless of the state of your subscription.

why is it i cant get my phone into usb mode to drop the files in??
That's pretty much what the Zune software lets you do, the reason Microsoft don't allow you outright access to your phone as if it were a USB memory stick is so that you or malicious software can't damage the phone in any way.

how do i get pictures on and off my phone.??
Using the Zune software you can transfer pictures and videos between your phone, whether they're from a camera, or downloaded.

Hope that helps you

Reactions: Rich Edmonds

sketch42

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
a couple of final questions than... thanks for the help so far..

attachment.php

and why is the zune software not included in the box?? or is it and i just missed it???

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Correct, that's simply to download the software without a pass being required. As for the software being included in the box with WP7, my only guess is that it's part of the Zune service and not solely WP7. I don't believe iPhones come bundled with iTunes (could be wrong).

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Correct, that's simply to download the software without a pass being required. As for the software being included in the box with WP7, my only guess is that it's part of the Zune service and not solely WP7. I don't believe iPhones come bundled with iTunes (could be wrong).

You're absolutely right, iPhones and in fact iPods haven't come with an iTunes CD since the 2nd generation Nanos. However, unlike iPhones, with WP7 it's quite possible to use the phone forever without using Zune, you could just buy all your music through the phone and never sync to your PC...

Reactions: Rich Edmonds

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2