Talked to the AT&T CEO's offices

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Someone on the Windows Phone 7 blog mentioned they emailed the CEO about the status of WP7 updates. I decided to do the same thing... I figured if the top knew that only 3 out of 21 European carriers haven't approved the update maybe they'd get the ball rolling.

I got a call from someone at the CEO's office, letting me know they don't have a timetable for the update, but he's sure they're probably working hard testing it out. I had suggested more transparency in the process and he said he'd forward the email to the Updates Team and maybe they'd consider blogging about the updates.

Who knows what will happen, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to voice my concern.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Someone on the Windows Phone 7 blog mentioned they emailed the CEO about the status of WP7 updates. I decided to do the same thing... I figured if the top knew that only 3 out of 21 European carriers haven't approved the update maybe they'd get the ball rolling.

I got a call from someone at the CEO's office, letting me know they don't have a timetable for the update, but he's sure they're probably working hard testing it out. I had suggested more transparency in the process and he said he'd forward the email to the Updates Team and maybe they'd consider blogging about the updates.

Who knows what will happen, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to voice my concern.

Wow... Good job, I have an HD7 on T-Mobile I could care less about AT&T but I think its a good thing what you guys did more people should voice their concern on this matter so they can get it out asap and then people won't have as much a reason to rag on WP7.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea Tmobile seems to get the update situation and finished up with their testing. I wish ATT was a little faster. Soon you'll be part of ATT though so you'll get slow updates like the rest of us :p.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
T-mobile pushes out updates faster because:

1 - they don't have much testing to do on a small network

2 - their tests are as rigorous as at&t's

i don't mind the length it takes as long as it's done right... but thanks for reaching out and giving it a shot. status updates from at&t would be nice.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So why do unbranded phones, that undergo no carrier testing, work on AT&T's and other carrier's networks.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
So why do unbranded phones, that undergo no carrier testing, work on AT&T's and other carrier's networks.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
not sure i'm getting what you're saying as i never stated it wouldn't work on at&t.

are you saying that some folks who attempted the update before weren't bricking their devices? because that is one of the reasons at&t doesn't like to rush out updates. there are definitely others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99