Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Has it added separate sound levels for ringer/notifications/media?

I think I know the answer, just checking.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have the Arrive and I think it doesn't.

But everyday I begin to think that the NoDo on the Arrive is actually FoDo. The build number is 7389 instead of 7390.

Wasn't NoDo supposed to bring limited 3rd party multitasking? For example, I can't use Slacker or Last.FM while web browsing because the application quits.

And also, they did not change the camera settings so that they stick, but I don't think they are going to change that until Mango.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Can you Cut, Copy, & Paste?

Sent from my flippin' sweet Quantum using Board Express

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coasterfreak212 View Post
    I have the Arrive and I think it doesn't.

But everyday I begin to think that the NoDo on the Arrive is actually FoDo. The build number is 7389 instead of 7390.

Wasn't NoDo supposed to bring limited 3rd party multitasking? For example, I can't use Slacker or Last.FM while web browsing because the application quits.

And also, they did not change the camera settings so that they stick, but I don't think they are going to change that until Mango.

Hmmm... I'm not sure why they didn't put that final build on there. No this NoDo update was not going to bring any type of multitasking, and you're right about the camera settings they are annoying, hope they fix it in mango.

Sounds like NoDo is some sort of contraction of "Does Nothing". The only visible "feature" I know about is cut-and-paste.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    7389 and 7390 is probably only the difference of CDMA vs GSM

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Yes, it copies and pastes, idk about cut though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Luisraul924 View Post
    Hmmm... I'm not sure why they didn't put that final build on there. No this NoDo update was not going to bring any type of multitasking, and you're right about the camera settings they are annoying, hope they fix it in mango.
    I read somewhere (so, grain of salt) that the non-sticking camera settings was a "feature".

This was done by design, so every time you open the camera, it's the same. You don't have to wonder what setting you left it on.

Good or bad..IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by cdub66 View Post

This was done by design, so every time you open the camera, it's the same. You don't have to wonder what setting you left it on.
    I would love to get into PR, lying and writing are my hobbies.

I just want to know about the back up/restore functions of Zune so I can add a memory card and no one will help me.... :(

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts
    I read somewhere (so, grain of salt) that the non-sticking camera settings was a "feature".

Good or bad..IDK.
    Wow. I suppose if WP7 saved and edited pictures in RAW this would be a good feature. Otherwise it's just silly.
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Palm Tungsten T > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Hero > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > LG Quantum > Nokia Lumia 920 > iPhone 5S

Good or bad..IDK.
    Good grief.

Actually I no longer use it much. It's too tedious to have to turn off the flash, and set the scene to 'candlelight' (to avoid the blue tint) every time I might want a picture.
    Editor-in-chief

Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    NoDo is 7389; 7390 has no known changes but 7389 IS the "final" build of NoDo, whatever that means (there are no real final builds of the OS).

3rd party multi-tasking isn't till 'Mango' in the fall

No separate levels for ringer/media, but there's an app for that

Sounds like NoDo is some sort of contraction of "Does Nothing". The only visible "feature" I know about is cut-and-paste.
    This is so wrong, I don't know where to start...oh wait, I do: 'NoDo' update starting today; full list of changes published
    Not so much a feature, but it was planned to be like that, yes. However, MS is reconsidering that for future updates, so I'd expect it to change.
    Daniel Rubino
    Editor in chief - Windows Central
    Email: daniel@windowscentral
    Twitter: @Daniel_Rubino
    Socl: Daniel Rubino
    Thanked by:
    I'm not too fussed about the camera, I mean it's not the best, which is why if I want to capture photos I use my camera that has 2x+ the MP and resolution/quality. Smart phones are perfect for the odd "spur-of-the-moment" capturing, but beyond that why not just use a camera?

It always reminds me of the Nokia N8 marketing campaign at the moment with their entire advertisements boasting about the camera. It's like "OUR OS IS CRAP, THE DEVICE IS HORRID, BUT THE CAMERA IS GREAT!", so if I have a camera then the phone is useless? I see. If it were up to me I'd have 0.3 MP cameras on smart phones.

Richard Edmonds
    UK Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Newsroom UK Shift Manager - Mobile Nations

Email: rich@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @RichEdmonds
    Socl: RichEdmonds

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Rubino View Post
    This is so wrong, I don't know where to start...oh wait, I do: 'NoDo' update starting today; full list of changes published
    You gotta be kidding. I just looked at that list; basically nothing except "we've improved the experience" here and there. Maybe fixed a few bugs. "We now display your phone's Media Access Control (MAC) address in Settings." WOW. Let's see Android do THAT.
    Last edited by jim_h; 03-28-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    "Improved user experience" is exactly what the Windows Phone team had in mind. Naturally, focusing on that first would be a priority. I would rather have a device that consistantly does what it is supposed to do, than fulfill every possible mobile device dream every once in a while.

Stability over Features.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    I have a question. Does it now "backup " the phone after a sync. I want to do this so I can finally grab a SD card and install it in my focus. Zune Pass has ate up 6G faster than I would have imagined.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Just hacked my way onto nodo via the instructions posted on xda. It is tasty. num num num

Stability and load times seem to be improved. Good job!!!

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    I have a question. Does it now "backup " the phone after a sync. I want to do this so I can finally grab a SD card and install it in my focus. Zune Pass has ate up 6G faster than I would have imagined.

No it does not. It'll only backup during an update I believe.

To all you AT&T owners... Did y'all see the updated "where's my phone update?" update page? Maybe not the best of times for release but at least its something...

[QUOTE=
    To all you AT&T owners... Did y'all see the updated "where's my phone update?" update page? Maybe not the best of times for release but at least its something...[/QUOTE]

it says testing should be done early april, then it has to schedule for around 10 days.. So im glad i got the update already, cause noone has a clue when the release will be with the way its been going.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Does the copy and paste functionality work within apps like Facebook and Twitter?

I think ATT will get the NoDo Before us Dell Venue Pro users get our bug fix patch they are claiming in mid april
    at least I got NoDo

Global Posts
    1,638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMusicJunkie View Post
    Does the copy and paste functionality work within apps like Facebook and Twitter?
    In some places yes, some places no. For example, on the news feed, it doesn't work. But if you make a comment in a box you can copy/paste there. It seems that if you have a text box, it works. Another example. If you open a calender entry you can't copy/paste, but if you edit that calender entry, you can copy/paste there. However there are some places w/o a text box you can copy/paste. In IE, I can copy text and then paste it into an office document, or email, etc.

edit: sorry saw the twitter part of the question. In rowi, birdsong and twitt you can't copy directly from a tweet, but if you retweet, which brings up a text box, you can from there. Another interesting observation. I can copy from IE, but not from surfcube or 7 tab browser pro...
    Last edited by jmerrey; 03-31-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMusicJunkie View Post
    Facebook, I tried (only in the news feed) and no luck. You can still copy when typing ofcourse. Twitter, not sure. I use Birdsong (for Twitter) which had that functionality before NoDo was even out to the public.