A possibly stupid question about the Zune Application

John745577

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to actually STOP music from being played rather than just pausing it? Sad as it is, I don't see any way of actually stopping said music. I'm somewhat worried that at some point I'll accidentally have something start playing at an inopportune time.

Thanks for answering, dumb as the question is
John

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I've been wondering this myself. I've only been able to just pause music... and then that song still hangs out at the top of the lock screen, paused, waiting to strike when I least expect it. I'd like to be able to STOP music as well.

Is there a way to actually STOP music from being played rather than just pausing it? Sad as it is, I don't see any way of actually stopping said music. I'm somewhat worried that at some point I'll accidentally have something start playing at an inopportune time.

Thanks for answering, dumb as the question is
John

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Do you mean the difference between Pause and Stop? If so:

Pause - music controls appear in top bar when you adjust volume using volume rocker. In other words, to resume playback of the song, all you have to do is press ">" (play). Also, these same controls appear at the top of the lock screen, meaning even if your phone is otherwise locked, you can still resume playback of the song.

Stop - Song is stopped and unable to be resumed, unless you go back into the Zune application and press play.

Naturally, I'd like to be able to STOP a song so I don't accidentally resume playback of a song while in a meeting or class or a socially inappropriate situation.

Ok, I see what ur saying. What's the benefit of one over the other.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes and no.

There is not really a way to stop the "loaded" song directly. However, if you play a video for a second, the volumn button controls will be cleared of the last song playing.

So, yes, you can make the song go away using this roundabout way. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss