Simple Reset Question

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I am fully aware that I can perform a Hard Reset on my Windows Phone if things need resetting. How do I do it though?

I know that I can go - Settings > About - and at the bottom it has the option to "reset your phone". When I first got my Quantum I reset it this way just to see what would change, and it did just as I had expected.

Here's the rest of my question though: Are there other ways to perform a Hard Reset, and are they different than what I described above? The reason I ask is that I have recently read twice that owners have spoken with Advanced Technical Support, and have been asked to enter the reset codes in an attempt to solve a problem.
Why would a tech rep have someone enter the codes intead of just hitting "reset my phone"? Is this feature device specific, or are there varied levels of "resetability"?

I am dying to know, but only because of my inflamed curiosity.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
the first reset option solves device related issue while the second one resolves device and carrier related issues so if one is having difficulty accessing data or if those settings got somehow messed up then the carrier will advise the 2nd option which also reactivates the phone.

Reactions: VernonEL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro