Anyone run the NoDo update/hack that just came out?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Are you referring to THIS ONE? I thought about trying it until I read the fine print:

There is NO revert process, again, flash at your own risk.

Having a permanently unlocked, debranded phone didn't appeal to me.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yup that was the one. I starting second thinking it too and decided against it. Sure hope ATT gets their head out of their a$$es and finishes up testing here soon.
We'll see some kind of update on Wednesday I'm sure. It'll be cool if the testing phase is completed. I'm going to be patient and wait for them to complete testing and not go the workaround way of getting NoDo.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
We'll see some kind of update on Wednesday I'm sure. It'll be cool if the testing phase is completed. I'm going to be patient and wait for them to complete testing and not go the workaround way of getting NoDo.

Why Wednesday?

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I was very tempted to run the Chevron program, but when I read you can't go back to your original settings, I said "Forget it". Bell, here in Canada, hasn't updated my LG Quantum yet, but since the update is not that important to me, I'll patiently wait.

tuffluck

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
i did it, no problems. i don't think it debrands your phone. i have a focus. it just doesn't work with a 64-bit version of windows, at least it did not work on mine and i had to do it on my netbook.

besides copy/paste, though, the phone is the same. i'm not really sure what nodo was supposed to do.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
from what i gathered it doesnt unbrand or unlock your phone it simply just forces the update.

other the c/p, improved marketplace search it also is suppose to load apps and resume apps much faster which is what i am really looking forward too. being it does that i assume the whole os may be a tad faster.

tuffluck

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
from what i gathered it doesnt unbrand or unlock your phone it simply just forces the update.

other the c/p, improved marketplace search it also is suppose to load apps and resume apps much faster which is what i am really looking forward too. being it does that i assume the whole os may be a tad faster.

maybe. it's not noticeable improvements though. i did it just for the hey of it. marketplace search? i don't see anything of the sort. how's it supposed to work?

i don't know why anyone would think it debrands your phone. it's a 10 minute process that only downloads and installs nodo, that's it. even though it's called "chevron.installer" doesn't mean it installs chevron/unlocks your phone.

sibion#WP

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have the ChevronWP7.Updater.exe file they are willing to seed on bittorrent or provide a link to for download. PM me if you don't want to do it publicly. It is currently offline from the blog that it was originally posted and want to update my Focus.

Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077