Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Nope wish they did though right? Lol they said they wanted to finish the update by early autumn at the latest to give it to the OEMs and carriers for a (hopeful) holiday season rollout.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Seems to me this is much more advanced in development than the NoDo update was. Also, have they said that Mango would run on 1st generation Windows Phone 7 handsets, like my Focus?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Seems to me this is much more advanced in development than the NoDo update was. Also, have they said that Mango would run on 1st generation Windows Phone 7 handsets, like my Focus?

Yup or else they wouldn't be calling it an update now would they? Lol yeah it'll probably be out around the same time wave 2 of devices go on sale.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

I did read that MS stated, all current devices will get the update.

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
My guess is that it will be coming out late fall. Probably in time for a Nokia device with Nodo. ;-)

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that it will be coming out late fall. Probably in time for a Nokia device with Nodo. ;-)

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express

nokia devices with wp7 are coming in 2012. so I hope you don't mean late fall of 2012. haaa.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Two Nokia WP7 devices will be launched later this year. You know what I've been wondering? The mango dev tools will be available in may, giving devs access to more stuff on wp7, now I'm pretty sure Microsoft isn't gonna change the way everything works on our wp7's so what I'm wondering is, if an augmented reality app or a third party camera app were to come out in June, would it work on our devices running NoDo? Good food for thought huh? Unless Microsoft has already had a statement on the matter that I just haven't seen then I ask if someone would kindly enlighten me...

Last edited:

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I imagine it would work, but with newer hardware that includes gyroscrope, it would be much smoother.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Two Nokia WP7 devices will be launched later this year. You know what I've been wondering? The mango dev tools will be available in may, giving devs access to more stuff on wp7, now I'm pretty sure Microsoft isn't gonna change the way everything works on our wp7's so what I'm wondering is, if an augmented reality app or a third party camera app were to come out in June, would it work on our devices running NoDo? Good food for thought huh? Unless Microsoft has already had a statement on the matter that I just haven't seen then I ask if someone would kindly enlighten me...

No it won't work, because the APIs the dev used to get the raw camera data wouldn't exist within a Nodo or Vanilla device. I'd also say that it's likely Microsoft's approval process won't release those apps into the marketplace until Mango is ready.

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Mark this post. I am calling it right here. No one will have Mango this calendar year unless you buy new hardware!

There is no way any carrier, especially AT&T_mobile, will allow an OS update when they could be selling new hardware. Since most early adopters will be due an upgrade (and contract extention) in November, look for "The Great and Powerful MANGO" to not even begin its' roll out as an update until late first quarter 2012.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Mark this post. I am calling it right here. No one will have Mango this calendar year unless you buy new hardware!

There is no way any carrier, especially AT&T_mobile, will allow an OS update when they could be selling new hardware. Since most early adopters will be due an upgrade (and contract extention) in November, look for "The Great and Powerful MANGO" to not even begin its' roll out as an update until late first quarter 2012.

I'll take that bet, based on everything so far I'd say I will have Mango on my Omnia 7 (3UK) before 2012.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't bet on that. A better bet would be 1 WP7 in 1Q2012 and 1 WP7 in 3Q2012. Maybe another in 4Q2012, but more like 2013.

Michael.

I'm not sure if it was Nokia themselves or someone very close to them, that stated the W7 and W8 were to be released later this year with 12 WP7 devices coming in 2012.

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if it was Nokia themselves or someone very close to them, that stated the W7 and W8 were to be released later this year with 12 WP7 devices coming in 2012.

Are you referring to Eldar Murtazin? Eldar's info is *usually* solid. This time, I'm not so sure. More importantly, he's been a thorn at Nokia's side for a while now. And Nokia has been working on rectifying the information leaks. Anway...

Nokia is working on a multitude of WP7 phones for markets around the world. The U.S. will receive a couple or a few of them.

As to when they will launch, I'll throw out some hints...

1- Microsoft is ramping up and hiring LTE engineers right now: Job post confirms LTE Windows Phones on the way

2- when OEMs submit phones to AT&T, they go through 4-6 months of carrier testing (granted, AT&T's process and procedure is strict and antiquated). This is on top of OEM testing.

If anything, we *might* see one Nokia WP7 phone by EOY, but I would not be overly confident about it.

Michael.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
most blogs that i've read say late 2011 or possibly 2012 for the w7/w8 phones. engadgetmobile is saying this as well. i really don't think it'll be 2011 though.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
i agree with Michael... and i'm really only concerned w/ the U.S.. Europe has a possibility of having one by EOY, but the U.S.? Not likely, especially because it's a Nokia device.

how many high-end nokias have been released in the past 5 years in the U.S.?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss