05-03-2011 07:27 PM
- Ok, I jailbroke my Optimus 7 just to see what the fuss was about and now well I don't see the point. You can sideload apps ok I put the HTC youtube app on but other than that. I know on the iPhone you can install installous but there is no alternative for WP7 as far as I can see.05-01-2011 05:17 AM
- Absolutely. Side loading is Ok, but ONLY for freely available apps. Three things you can do with an unlocked phone:
-if your live tiles stop working you can access the registry and clear out the key causing the problem. Schapmans Reg Editor states it works on LG's, but you would need to confirm that.
-using Schapmans TouchXplorer (think it works on LG's) you can install custom ringtones.
-with Schapmans Advanced Configuration you can change some of the default accent colors. Don't know about you, but lime, pink and purple do nothing for me.
These are the primary reasons I unlocked. Don't really want to start experimenting with tweaks that change the OS. Sort of liking the current speed and stability.
Sent from my T8788 using Board Express05-01-2011 12:52 PM
- 1. custom ringtones...many don't care about this, but I like it. Stock ringtones are horrible. This is coming later this year for 3rd party apps, but unless they allow ME to sync my own ringtones without using some crap 'bestringt0nez' app, and what THEY have available, I will still unlock for this reason alone.
2. custom colors. I like the stock green, but thats it. The rest look bad on the Super AMOLED the Focus has. Blue is ok I guess. Hopefully MS allows something like the current Advanced Config tool I use. Color wheel, hex #'s ect in an advanced color settings. I doubt they will keep the same 8 colors forever, so I'm hopeful.
3. Home brewed apps, beta apps ect. When MS releases the new marketplace to allow private apps, beta apps ect, and the Rating ability (pg, mature ect) so dev's can put in more adult/violent content without being rejected from the market, this won't be much of an issue.
I never use it to steal apps, and hope those that do are few.05-01-2011 01:14 PM
- The only reason that I have to monkey with my device's inner-workings is just to see if I could do it, and even then it would be with an old, extra one that is probably already messed up. Otherwise I feel it is a waste of my time, and the potential benefit certainly does not out-weigh the drawbacks.05-03-2011 08:32 AM
- I have Julian Schapman considering a feature to reset your live tiles with his Advanced Configuration Tool. That could fill a big need for users with live tile issues that may not be resolved till a Mango update late this year, or later.
Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express05-03-2011 10:27 AM
- 05-03-2011 01:55 PM
There is no way to unlock a NoDo device in any other way?05-03-2011 03:13 PM
- Well I am not a student (for now), and I do not want to pay for a developer account simply yo be able to make my own color themes (thats really all I want). Also, I use a mac so installing the dev tools wouldn't work anyway.
There is no way to unlock a NoDo device in any other way?05-03-2011 03:45 PM
- HeyCoriMod Emeritus2. custom colors. I like the stock green, but thats it. The rest look bad on the Super AMOLED the Focus has. Blue is ok I guess. Hopefully MS allows something like the current Advanced Config tool I use. Color wheel, hex #'s ect in an advanced color settings. I doubt they will keep the same 8 colors forever, so I'm hopeful.05-03-2011 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD