Where's my Live Mail/Hotmail?

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Forgive the newbie question. I just got my Arrive. I signed into my Live account that is tied to my Xbox Live account and my Zune account. Both work great. I also use my Live calendar as my work calendar in Outlook and it works great on my Arrive. The only issue is... where's my live email? I have a Gmail app for my gmail account and a Gmail tile on the home screen but no way to access my hotmail account on the Arrive.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Just Checking

Forgive the newbie question. I just got my Arrive. I signed into my Live account that is tied to my Xbox Live account and my Zune account. Both work great. I also use my Live calendar as my work calendar in Outlook and it works great on my Arrive. The only issue is... where's my live email? I have a Gmail app for my gmail account and a Gmail tile on the home screen but no way to access my hotmail account on the Arrive.

As a prerequisite, have you ensured that "Hotmail" is not in your long list of applications? From there you can "Pin To Start".

Just checking.

If it's not there, you may have to try removing all email accounts and re-add them in, starting with your Windows Live account.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
As a prerequisite, have you ensured that "Hotmail" is not in your long list of applications? From there you can "Pin To Start".

Just checking.

If it's not there, you may have to try removing all email accounts and re-add them in, starting with your Windows Live account.

Nope. No Hotmail application. I'll try removing and re-adding. When I first activated my device, it had an error when connecting to my live account. That might have been the problem.

Edit: Ok. I think that was the case. In case anybody has the same issue, it would not allow me to delete my main live account; however, when I went into the settings where it says "Content to sync," Email was unchecked. I checked it and hotmail showed up.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Try This

Nope. No Hotmail application. I'll try removing and re-adding. When I first activated my device, it had an error when connecting to my live account. That might have been the problem.

Something worth considering may also be to do a Hard Reset right off the bat. If your device is only a few hours or days old, you wouldn't be out much.

Information in this thread may be helpful. http://forums.windowscentral.com/lg-quantum/177869.htm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3