What do you all do about podcasts? I miss Google Listen, with it's WiFi only downloa

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
ds. I like the Podcasts! app, but it does not seem to have a download function. Plus, sometimes it tombstones funky and I lose my place.

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
BringCast is very good app for podcast. But I mostly use Zune. I like being able to subscribe and have new episodes automatically sync'd to my phone over wifi while charging.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah as much as I would prefer having a true over the air Podcast app Zune works fine and will sync wirelessly after you have your phone charging for 15 minutes.

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I didn't think of Zune. I guess I was thinking of something that just lives on the phone. Thanks!

Zune does live on the phone. Its probably the most integrated app on the phone. Its really sweet. Once you have your subscriptions, it pretty much manages your podcasts for you. It keeps track of podcasts you have watched or listened to and then downloads the others to your workstation. Again, they will automatically sync to your phone while you are charging over wifi.

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah as much as I would prefer having a true over the air Podcast app Zune works fine and will sync wirelessly after you have your phone charging for 15 minutes.

BringCast is somewhat OTA podcast player. It actually downloads them on demand to your phone. It does not stream them. However, The "Mango" update will bring podcasts to the Windows Phone Marketplace. So you will have the ability to download them on demand vice syncing to your Zune client on your computer.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
BringCast is somewhat OTA podcast player. It actually downloads them on demand to your phone. It does not stream them. However, The "Mango" update will bring podcasts to the Windows Phone Marketplace. So you will have the ability to download them on demand vice syncing to your Zune client on your computer.

You are my hero. I had no idea this app was out there. Problem solved! Thanks for heads-up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb