Windows Phone cannot connect to some WiFi networks

neiltc13

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I got my Samsung Omnia 7 a few weeks ago now and ever since I got it I have been unable to connect to WiFi in two places - at my mother's house and at work. In both places, the networks are not hidden and are broadcasting their SSID. But no matter what I try, my phone always fails to connect to them and gives no specific error message.

I tried changing the security settings on my mother's router (a Huawei one supplied by TalkTalk) but still no luck - the phone cannot connect no matter what I do.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Are the routers using MAC address filtering? Just a guess. I have not had any problems connecting yet, but I have only connected to 4-5 routers so far.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
Often, I see the problem with cheap wireless routers. The fix is usually to reboot them.

Sent from my Focus, using Board Express.

neiltc13

May 21, 2011
Visit site
No both networks don't have MAC address filtering turned on and I tried rebooting my mother's one many times with no luck.

Hers is definitely a cheap Huawei one. I just wish the phone gave more info about why it couldn't connect. Everyone else at work can connect with their iPhone, Blackberry and Android phones just fine :(

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
What are the routers broadcasting? Advanced Configuration Tool has a tweak to enable 802.11n so I assume that is not available out of the box for WP devies. And I further assume you have connected to other WiFi routers successfully.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't connect to one particular access point at work. One time the IT guy rebooted it and I connected, but then as soon as the screen went to sleep, it dropped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3