Rumor: So apparently tomorrow's presentation is going to be Software only.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm really sad and angry at this. Most of those features we saw them already and is going to be nice to hear some confirmation but is hard to get excited without new phones on the horizon.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm cool with it. I love my Focus and unless they put out Samsung's Droid Charge with wp7 on it, no thanks.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I saw the same rumor. If Ballmer slushes his way to the stage with no new phones to show off its like whats the point.
Um, Mango? We all know there will be mango launch devices and I'm sure there will come a time to showcase them, if it isn't tomorrow then oh well. At least we know whatever SOFTWARE is shown on that stage tomorrow we will be getting in due time. **** some people are insatiable.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Rumors are just that, rumors. Wasting time and energy debating them, especially only hours before that actual press release, is pointless.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I know, but dang man I want to see some phones. It shows support and commitment from the companies.

I would love to see an Asus phone coming soon. Might make me want to wait a little bit longer to make the jump, but probably not. I don't think I can wait any longer to use windows phone every day. My Android is getting more buggy every day I use it.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Tell me about, at least you had an android. I had an LG neon but my heart kept asking for WP7.

I though I was going to wait for a Nokia one because I like the Focus but AT&T is too expensive and the other option was T-mobile and the HD7 makes me yawn. Then some Mexican carrier introduced that LG Optimus 7 here and I knew I had to have it. My first smartphone and my first contract just because of WP7 =).

Still I want to see more phones, Is nice to be salivating at a non android phone for once.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't see anything positive about a company having no new phones. That's just terrible, thankfully LG is still in there even though they said their phones weren't selling that great.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I cat n't see anything positive about a company having no new phones. That's just terrible, thankfully LG is still in there even though they said their phones weren't selling that great.
Are you forgetting about the addition of ZTE, Acer, and Asus? Those three will be huge for the platform. Microsoft is obviously giving us bits of new information over time to keep interest in Windows Phone, so I'm sure we'll get more info on new hardware over time. If Dell is lost, good riddance. Sexy but flawed hardware, and their response to the incident has been horrible. They can return to the fold when they can release hardware that doesn't isn't prone to failure.

Last edited:

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My next phone is definitely gonna be a Nokia... I'm hoping for a 4.0in. or above, amoled screen of some sort, 12 mp or above camera (a trend that Nokia seems to be starting now so it shouldn't be far fetched) and now that they announced 4G I'm hoping it'll support T-Mobile 42 mbps 4G as that network was just lit last night where I'm at. However in light of recent events I'm not sure how many companies would be willing to invest in the new T-Mobile radios.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! dudeeeeeeeeeeeee! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! lol.

i can't wait for this update to hit. my android devices are getting sold as soon as the release. my iPhone is already hitting eBay shortly.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I think people on thus site are so "in the know" that its hard to impress us. We've been knowing about these features for a while. I'm not excited about this press conference, but excited about the features.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I think people on thus site are so "in the know" that its hard to impress us. We've been knowing about these features for a while. I'm not excited about this press conference, but excited about the features.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Agreed. It was nice to see them in use though. I'm really excited about the Asus handsets. Should be pretty nice.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
My next phone is definitely gonna be a Nokia... I'm hoping for a 4.0in. or above, amoled screen of some sort, 12 mp or above camera (a trend that Nokia seems to be starting now so it shouldn't be far fetched) and now that they announced 4G I'm hoping it'll support T-Mobile 42 mbps 4G as that network was just lit last night where I'm at. However in light of recent events I'm not sure how many companies would be willing to invest in the new T-Mobile radios.

that's what I am looking forward to. I am pretty happy with the feature set of NoDo, so all this Mango stuff is like icing on the cake for me. I DO however really really want a super good camera, and it seems like people give Nokia some props in this area. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3