best buy mock-ups (focus/surround)

aapold

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that my local best buy, unlike many other stores, does not have phones on display running the OS. They just have dummy models with a permanent image inserted over the screen (not sure if it is glued on or not, but basically it looks like printed paper, no light behind it either.

In their WP7 AT&T section I saw both the focus and surround... I had recently seen them both at an AT&T store so I knew the difference between the screens, how the super amoled is darker and pops more, while the surround is brighter.

So what do they do? They put the exact same image on the display of both phones... but they print the blues darker on the focus. Well not just darker.. more of a bluer hue. I meant to take pictures but didn't get around to it (but it is easy to see if you go into one).

This had to be intentional. Is this a fair representation of the screens?

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It is not supposed to be a fair representation. It is for people to see the size and feel of the phone, if you want to try a real phone at Best Buy you have to ask them.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't really matter and it will just make the surround look worse in comparison. The surround selling point is his kick *ss stereo sound, will you ask the Best Buy employee to have the Phone playing music 24/7?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills