The Microsoft Antitrust Lawsuit Ends... and a New 'Secret' Microsoft Arises

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This is really a great read. and It's about time. the sleeping giant is going to wake up and shake the world. we shall see how they do things this coming fall and when win8 comes out. if MS doesn't then well.... for most of us they move way too slow in the world of mobile that moves very fast. by the time MS does move everyone else is one or two steps up. WP7 should have shipped with the mango rather than saying coming soon. market share doesn't wait, if you look at someone wanting a new device this is what the thought I can get this or that now with ios or android, or wait for MS... why wait when you can have what you need now? So with the cuff's off the question is really do they still do the turtle or do they play speed racer? Keeping in mind MS does not run mobile like they do the desktop and because of the turtle how long can they keep that hold...

I want WP7 to win and to be the best but MS has to do it's part and get things done.

The Microsoft Antitrust Lawsuit Ends... and a New 'Secret' Microsoft Arises

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The turtle always wins the race dude. Go ahead an buy a new OS every six months with the latest and greatest. No one will complain about taking your money. In the end though, you will be using WP. Your choice.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The turtle always wins the race dude. Go ahead an buy a new OS every six months with the latest and greatest. No one will complain about taking your money. In the end though, you will be using WP. Your choice.

Wow hey, jimski are you alright man? This is the second aggressive post I read today... I do agree though, there's something about Windows Phone that draws you to it. **** Apple, the ones that "revolutionized" the smartphone industry, is now copying (heavily) Windows Phone.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry. Guess I read this stuff all day and sometimes I need to blow off some steam. Sure I am pissed that AT&T made me wait for NoDo and will probably make me wait for Mango. But in the big scheme of things, I am already using the best phone I have ever owned, so what's a few weeks. What people fail to recognize are the things that WP already does that others don't. That alone is enough to keep me happy. But I guess I should remember everyone is entitled to their opinion. And it will help those sales numbers. I will probably pick up an HD7s for .99 on eBay in September when new devices hit the streets and the rumors about a Mango update delay begin. Good for me.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Lol pick it cheap that's a good one impatient people will be the ones losing out lol... What do you think about the Nokia devices? You as excited as I am? I know for a fact that I'll be getting one of those, but not exactly the first one... I'll enjoy mango on my HD7 while scoping the Nokia devices that come out as they're the only manufacturer to confirm that they will be rolling devices out every couple of months. **** I might even just stick with my HD7 until Windows Phone Apollo devices come out instead.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm excited about what Nokia will bring to the table. Even more excited that around that time one of my devices will be set for an upgrade as it's at the end of her two year run. it's the last device we have that is not WP7 as we have three. my two girls both have HTC HD7 all I need to do is convert my wife device at then end of the run in Nov.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little sad that Apple didn't revolutionized the world with his new OS. Ice cream Sandwhich didn't seem to bring anything that different.

This will give a chance for Microsoft to catch up next year, and then? well Microsoft shows that they know their software. Xbox UI is now gonna be seamless with Windows 8 and Windows phone 7, everything goes smoothly and their ecosystem is gonna be awesome.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little sad that Apple didn't revolutionized the world with his new OS. Ice cream Sandwhich didn't seem to bring anything that different.
They are going to have a harder and harder time bringing new things to the table because those OSs (iOS and Android) are already mature. Windows phone will likely be at 8 (Windows Phone Apollo) by the time Windows 8 comes out, so yes all Microsoft platforms will be very consistent with each other, something nobody else has.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The Nokia devices should be interesting. As noted, I would probably pass on the first one, unless it is revolutionary, and wait to see what Q1/2 2012 brings. But wouldn't mind a bargain on eBay just to tinker with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster