Wi-Fi refuses to connect

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Well I've got a problem with my brother's Samsung Focus. My Focus has absolutely no problems searching for hotspots, but my brothers just constantly searches and searches but finds nothing. None of the wireless settings are off and we have reset the phone.

Anyone have an idea what is causing this?

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
This is gonna sound retarded, but I verified it and re-verified it. Check that cookies are allowed in internet explorer settings (settings -> applications -> ie).

I have a Samsung Focus too and mine would do the same thing when I disallow cookies. Makes absolutely no sense.

Mine will also occasionally (not very often) fail to pick up on my home wifi, and I've found that manually cycling the wifi on and off again causes it to pick it up again.

Let me know your outcome. Turn on cookies, Bluetooth, and wifi... and if you still aren't getting connected restart and I bet it will work. Crazy stuff that annoyed me for the first month or so... eventually I just left blue tooth, wifi and cookies enabled all the time.

I almost returned my phone as defective because I couldn't get it to enable wifi properly. It would just search and search, never finding anything, and when I exited return to the setting it would show up still disabled.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb