Phone IP address and DNS settings

gulhasan

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

just got the windows phone HTC 7 Mozart, wen i connect to my home router it automatically selects its own IP add and incorrect DNS settings... so there is a IP conflict on the network...

is there any way i can edit phone IP addres and DNS settings???

giffy89

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
You can change the IP address of your phone using IP changing apps. After that try connecting to your home router. To check the ip address before and after changing, Visit the site IP-details.com.

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

just got the windows phone HTC 7 Mozart, wen i connect to my home router it automatically selects its own IP add and incorrect DNS settings... so there is a IP conflict on the network...

is there any way i can edit phone IP addres and DNS settings???

Yes: You'll have to jailbreak your phone, and from there continue to edit the registry to allow static IP(or install a homebrew app to unlock static IP) & modify the DNS key to the one you want (must do that manually, no app). You may be wanting to ask "isn't there an easier way? An officially supported inclusion of such basic functionality?" No. There is not. I'm rocking an E900 & I believe all WP have identical registry paths. Unlock your phone & get back to me.