Got me the EVO 3D...I want my Arrive back!

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
As the title states I currently have an EVO 3D and boy oh boy do I miss my Arrive. The EVO 3D is a good phone but i still notice some lag every now and then. The games isn't as good ad the ones on WP7 either. The 3D spiderman game is nice and so is the ability to take 3D pics. But i miss the ability to use zune music and the sleek look of WP7. And since IM+ is now on WP7 I'm sure I'll be in love...that was the only issue I messed when I had my previous Arrive....I missed the ability to use gtalk and other chat services like facebook.

I think I may wait a couple more weeks, but i think I'm gonna be returning the 3D and grabbing another Arrive

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Lol. I'm probably picking up the 3D. Funny though, I didn't notice any lag and felt it was faster than my Atrix. Then again, no apps were loaded on it.

I prefer my Focus (AT&T) than all devices currently out right now.

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Lol. I'm probably picking up the 3D. Funny though, I didn't notice any lag and felt it was faster than my Atrix. Then again, no apps were loaded on it.

I prefer my Focus (AT&T) than all devices currently out right now.

The 3D is a nice device. I just think that the Arrive has better services available for it than the 3D. The Zune service is hot, the ability to wirelessly sync and the look of WP7 is just so sweet. And don't forget the apps, games and the ability to connect to your xbox live account.

The 3D is nice...but I'm tired of the same android look. And yes the phone still lags some, not much though but it does.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The Evo 3D seems to be a monster of a device. Give it a couple of weeks first, if you still don't like it then we will welcome you with open arms.

Last edited:

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I hate android after trying it on a phone and tablet and my wife's samsung moment is cluster F of issue and bugs. Only 3 days with my WP and she is thinking of upgrading in august. Android is ok, but once you use WP other os's are just meh.

Skycop

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Other than the poor battery life I really liked my EVO 4g and was excited about the 3D. I played with the Arrive for a few minutes and decided that I would give it 30 days and take it back for the EVO 3D. Well as nice as the EVO 3D is it ain't happening. I just like the Arrive too much. I'm not hating on Android but it still feels half baked to me. I just really like what Microsoft has done here and I'm really excited about mango.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My co-worker received his EVO 3D yesterday. He proudly showcased it and rightfully so. However in my opinion, it looks like a gimmick type of phone. The 3D feature, while very neat and certainly has a "wow" factor, is really useless in the greater use of a smart phone. In fact, it's more of a negative to have as it hogs up batter life, as per the reviews being posted around the web. The OS was smooth, but just was cluttered with stuff. I was watching him navigate, and he had a hard time trying to find where things were at, at which point I keep saying to myself, I would have found it already on my phone. Granted he just received it, but comparably speaking, when I received my Trophy, the ease of navigation was very second to none. I know exactly where to go.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
The Evo3D is tempting me. All the video reviews I've seen make it look very snappy and lag-free, which was one of my biggest complaints with Android when I had the Evo. The screen, the camera, the 3D... all look really great on the Evo3D. I must be one of the few folks out there who is really intrigued by the 3D camera functionality - I take a decent amount of photos with my Arrive and I would love to take 3D photos of my GF and kitty.

I doubt I'll switch back to Android, though. My brother has the Evo4G and my GF has the Epic, so I still use them both fairly often, but going back to those devices after having the Arrive really does seem like a step back. They're both laggy and the UI is cluttered and fragmented. My brother has CyanogenMod7 on his Evo and it seems like such a mess. I know the Evo3D will be faster, but I'm so pleased with WP7 that it'd be silly to jump back to Android now.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I just spent some time playing with my co-workers phone and it is nice and smooth. No lag what so ever. Aside from the obvious features of this phone, the glaring difference is the user experience of the OS. To give a food analogy, the WP7 is like fillo dough. Lite, airy and crisp, while Android is like cookie dough, heavy and thick.

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I highly think I'm gonna be exchanging my EVO 3D for another Arrive.

Not that I hate the EVO 3D or anything but I agree with some of you other posters in that it does feel cluttered. It seems like WP7 has more apps coming out everyvday and that UI....I just can't get over it....its so sweet.

One poster on another forum said to just download Google Music Beta...what a joke. That don't even compare to Zune...let alone itunes.

I downloaded some games and they just don't compare. I'm trying to give it a little more time but its getting harder and harder...

Delivered to you from my Simply Brilliant EVO 3D!

condemned

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I actually went back to Android by buying the Sensation. There's no lag but there's definitely a difference between using launchers. When I installed Launcher Pro on my phone, it made it even smoother to the point where it felt slightly smoother than my HD7. Sense should be getting an update to speed it up even more though.

And funny you mentioned gaming because I feel gaming on Android is better than on WP7. Both do gaming well but I like the ability to also use emulators to play classic GBA, SNES, etc games. Games are a lot cheaper on Android too. Angry Birds is free on Android but on WP7 it's like $3.

I played that Wave game (speed boat game) on my HD7 and it suffered from framerate issues. Just wasn't as smooth as I'd like it to be. I played a similar game on Android and it was much smoother.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
My co-worker received his EVO 3D yesterday. He proudly showcased it and rightfully so. However in my opinion, it looks like a gimmick type of phone. The 3D feature, while very neat and certainly has a "wow" factor, is really useless in the greater use of a smart phone. In fact, it's more of a negative to have as it hogs up batter life, as per the reviews being posted around the web. The OS was smooth, but just was cluttered with stuff. I was watching him navigate, and he had a hard time trying to find where things were at, at which point I keep saying to myself, I would have found it already on my phone. Granted he just received it, but comparably speaking, when I received my Trophy, the ease of navigation was very second to none. I know exactly where to go.

It's called the EVO 3D, but that isn't what makes the device. That's just icing on the cake. It doesn't even have to be used. You have the on/off (3d/2d) switch. I didn't even plan on using the 3D feature until I helped set up countless 3Ds today in which I found some sample videos that I thought were awesome.

qHD screen, dual-core processor (a single processor is 200mhz faster than the 1Ghz in the original EVO), improved camera lens, 4gb of internal memory (vs. 440mb) and 1080p video recording.

should they have left out the 3D in the name?

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well..it looks like tomorrow I'll hopefully be grabbing me another Arrive. I just saw that Bestbuy is selling the Arrive for $49.99. So what I'm going to do is activate one of my old Sprint phones on my line, returned the Evo 3D to the Sprint Corporate Store, which they will then add my upgrade back to my account. Then I'm going to drive a couple of blocks down the street to Bestbuy and grab me the Arrive.

I can't wait!

Do anyone know if Sprint Price match? Because if they price matched bestbuy, that;ll save me a trip from going there.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i wish they came out with the samsung Focus 3D!

i would by it faster then you can spell my name. im near a pc most of the day ( so battery life is not an issue , + 3d gimmick is SIIICK and fun!!

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well I just got back from Sprint and Bestbuy....wow what an experience. I put an old device on my line which freed up the Evo 3D for return. I took that back to the sprint corp. store and they couldn't put my upgrade back on my line. I had to cancel the whole line altogether. Then i get to bestbuy and instead of them having the Arrive for $50...they had it listed for $150. Which was still cheaper than Sprint. Plus I had a $50 gift card that I got from Bestbuy when i originally reserved the Evo 3D.

Nevertheless, it feels good to be back. Now off i go to put all my apps back on the phone and set everything up.

TreizFaction

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
As the title states I currently have an EVO 3D and boy oh boy do I miss my Arrive.
LOL! I get the same thing every time I pick up a new Android device. With out fail I go back to my Focus and my HP webOS. Simple fact I've found is that customer experience is more important than specs or gimmicks.

JAStark27

May 14, 2011
Visit site
problem I see with Android is yes they all have better specs currently but really if WP7 was running on those specs the phone would be a monster. It would be like having a xbox 360 phone. Games would be insane, os would have no chance of any lag. With Android you get more lag, horrible battery life, apps that don't work smoothly with any android device you pic up and I'm sorry but the Android games vs WP7 games is a joke. Yeah you got the specs to help out but the games still suck. I have owned 5 different Android device's and none of them run as smooth as my Trophy does. And yes I used custom roms and still not close. I probably went through 15-20 different roms. Yes they sped up but not after a bit was back to normal. Plus its really a pain in the butt to have to check for new roms when I can just carry around my Trophy and never have to worry about it.

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I just got back from Sprint and Bestbuy....wow what an experience. I put an old device on my line which freed up the Evo 3D for return. I took that back to the sprint corp. store and they couldn't put my upgrade back on my line. I had to cancel the whole line altogether. Then i get to bestbuy and instead of them having the Arrive for $50...they had it listed for $150. Which was still cheaper than Sprint. Plus I had a $50 gift card that I got from Bestbuy when i originally reserved the Evo 3D.

Nevertheless, it feels good to be back. Now off i go to put all my apps back on the phone and set everything up.

Welcome back to the fold, sir!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3