After the first night with Mango..

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Shouldn't devs be able to choose whatever they want to use. I think using flash as a selling point is as good thing. If you say you offer desktop browsing experience and you don't support flash, then you flat out lying.
I, for one, hope Flash support never will be added. We should be pushing developers to use HTML5 and advanced technologies over less stable and secure Flash. I love how Blackberry are using the fact their tablet runs Flash as a selling point.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
And yes while it is true we want to encourage HTML 5, not everybody is going to go back and remake all those great flash games and apps and archived websites into HTML from Flash, so we need flash! Not for future, but for current and past!

hardrock1a

May 21, 2011
Visit site
And yes while it is true we want to encourage HTML 5, not everybody is going to go back and remake all those great flash games and apps and archived websites into HTML from Flash, so we need flash! Not for future, but for current and past!

Flash has got to go away on mobile devices. It's bloated and just slows everything down. And if and when Adobe get Flash out for WP, I highly doubt I will install it.

AndrewakaMJ

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone with a Focus done the update? Can you still access the diagnosis menu and tether? Kind of a big deal for me, so I want to know ahead of time...Thanks!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone with a Focus done the update? Can you still access the diagnosis menu and tether? Kind of a big deal for me, so I want to know ahead of time...Thanks!

I'm gonna guess no since nothing related to dev unlocked devices work.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

AndrewakaMJ

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
So I went ahead and updated last night...wow. Mango, even in the beta is awesome. Like everyone else said, so many little improvements, and great big ones too.

I'm happy I can still tether with my focus, that was important to me.

2 of my favorite new features are the letter chooser thing that's been added to the app list, and the improvements with office: Skydrive integration and the rendering of excel files - I can actually read them now!

Looking forward to continuing to explore...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The Me tile also shows the number of notifications you have in the new Notifcations page of the Me area of the people hub. Also I like that each contact in the people hub now has a 'history' page so you can easily find any past correspondence with that contact.

Do you get a toast or any sound notification or can audio notifications be set manually?

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Can somebody with Mango kindly perform the following in IE9 mobile and post the results for:

1- run a BrowserMark test
2- run an Acid3 test

Thanks,

Michael.

AndrewakaMJ

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Can somebody with Mango kindly perform the following in IE9 mobile and post the results for:

1- run a BrowserMark test
2- run an Acid3 test

Thanks,

Michael.

Don't know if the tests are affected by slow connections (mine is bad where I'm at) but here you go:

Browser Mark: 21484 first time, 22665 second time
Acid3: 95/100

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I'm glad I installed the beta as it's extremely impressive!
Apart from the minor concerns that I've mentioned in another topic, this update is what's needed to be a contender in the mobile OS market!

Just wish MS publish the official rollout date, as "Fall" is still a bit vague.....

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ah, excellent, that's more inline (but still a little behind) with the iphone and android phone webkit browsers. With Nodo, I'm getting 6884 in Browsermark and what looks like 12/100 with Acid3 which is more pathetic than my 2 year old Nokia N900. Glad to finally see that IE mobile up there now.

Thanks guys!

Michael.

(For SNG and more reference, I'm getting 92,000 in Browsermark on my Xoom tablet)

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just wish MS publish the official rollout date, as "Fall" is still a bit vague.....

I would expect it to vary based on the amount and severity of bugs and issues found throughout this beta as well as in the beta rollout process. Following the discussion on the (publicly accessible) Mango subforum of the App Hub forums, it seems there have been a few bugs during the rollout but not much in the way of large issues with the software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb