XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

Leader of the pack

HP's Spectre x360 15 just might be the best all-around laptop

New or refurbed?

Is a refurbed Surface right for you?

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 144
Like Tree10Likes
  1. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,243 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,479 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    I can't think of a single feature that's missing besides video chat. I haven't ran into any bugs whatsoever.

    Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
  2. bear_lx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    816 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,331 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    I can't think of a single feature that's missing besides video chat. I haven't ran into any bugs whatsoever.

    Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    thats great to know!!! i cant wait for mango, it seems there are so many features they should have just worked in already but i do understand it was a completely new OS and considering that, i has been pretty impressive. i was just about ready to abandon android to take up an iphone, ( and i am anti apple for many reasons) but then microsoft released wp7. what a fresh breath of air...
  3. Winterfang's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,541 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    I can't think of a single feature that's missing besides video chat. I haven't ran into any bugs whatsoever.

    Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    So jealous, so so jealous.

    Please man tell us about the wonders of Mango =D. Are boot times faster? Like when you star the phone.

    Have you notice a drop in battery life?
  4. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,243 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,479 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #4  
    With this beta. Boot times are actually slower. Battery life seems the same. The OS is much faster faster now, and the little changes are just as amazing as the major ones.

    Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
  5. Winterfang's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,541 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    What's your favorite new feature for now? Would you go back to Nodo ?
  6. Luisraul924's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,008 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,013 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Hey 1jaxstate1 one of my favorite things about this OS are the fluid animations found all over the UI, one thing I saw in a lot of the press review vids were the removal of a couple of them, namely the one where you're in an app and press the start button to go to the start screen, the start screen's tiles "swing" towards the screen like a door so to speak, (you know which one I'm talking about) but in the videos when they would press the start button, the start screen would just appear without an animation just BAM! It's there, you know? making it faster but i liked the animation lol. Is that animation present in this build?
  7. tiny's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    186 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    The only things performance wise that seems worse is boot time, but I only have boot once, and it was after installing update, so I suspect that is really a non issue.

    Oh wow, a reminder just came on screen and had the normal option to snooze, but also for how long!

    But as I was saying, the only performance issue I have seen is that sometimes the tiles lag in the transitions between home and Bing.
  8. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,243 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,479 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #8  
    I really like the new Zune layout. It's nifty having artists art showing in the lock screen, then it'll fade back to your regular background if you stop the music.

    As for the little things:
    The people hub that shows your contacts pics, now will do a 2x2 pic, after doing a 1x1 pic rotation.
    The Me hub is good too for facebook notifications
    There's a 3G toggle now!
    Lock Screen now give the option of how long to wait before it locks
    There's much more...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    What's your favorite new feature for now? Would you go back to Nodo ?
    Heck no, I wouldn't go back to NoDo. LOL
    Last edited by 1jaxstate1; 06-30-2011 at 01:34 PM.
  9. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,243 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,479 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #9  
    Yes, animations are all over. One quick example, In the music hub, when you're playing a song, and you skip to the next song, the name of the artists, album, and song title don't just switch to the next song, they do this type of flip, to the new song info. Impressive!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisraul924 View Post
    Hey 1jaxstate1 one of my favorite things about this OS are the fluid animations found all over the UI, one thing I saw in a lot of the press review vids were the removal of a couple of them, namely the one where you're in an app and press the start button to go to the start screen, the start screen's tiles "swing" towards the screen like a door so to speak, (you know which one I'm talking about) but in the videos when they would press the start button, the start screen would just appear without an animation just BAM! It's there, you know? making it faster but i liked the animation lol. Is that animation present in this build?
    Sadly I've yet to get facebook chat to work, and don't have Windows live contacts. I really want to see how this integrated messaging system works.
  10. Luisraul924's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,008 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,013 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Damn it! 1Jaxstate1 I told myself I'll wait for the official rollout but your making it hard lol I know the method for non devs is already over at XDA...
  11. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,243 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,479 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #11  
    Well here's something that you and I both were waiting for a fix for. Youtube still doesn't play sound through bt headphones. But yeah, the minor details are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisraul924 View Post
    Damn it! 1Jaxstate1 I told myself I'll wait for the official rollout but your making it hard lol I know the method for non devs is already over at XDA...
  12. enahs555's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    651 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    Well here's something that you and I both were waiting for a fix for. Youtube still doesn't play sound through bt headphones. But yeah, the minor details are awesome.

    That could be one of those issues that requires fixing via firmware through the phone manufacture as well.
  13. tiny's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    186 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by enahs555 View Post
    That could be one of those issues that requires fixing via firmware through the phone manufacture as well.
    Yep. Same with the HTC Arrive 160 character text limit. Thought it would go away with Mango, but it looks like it is a firmware thing. :-(
  14. L3vi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    I've also been running Mango since yesterday, and boy it's been great. I'm surprised how not buggy it is. There are a few bugs, but after a reboot most seem to be gone. The only thing missing seems to be the Twitter integration, but MS already said that will be in the final release. I don't use twitter, so I don't care. It really feels like I have a new phone again.

    IE9 is an excellent mobile browser, it's awesome. Pages render quickly, and I really feel like I'm getting the full desktop experience.

    The messages hub and threads is too cool. Being able to Facebook chat then seamlessly switch to text is great.

    Multitasking, really needed this, and finally it's here. It works as expected, just not with 3rd party apps yet obviously.

    For me boot times seemed to have improved.

    Office Hub is loads better, however I still can't access the documents synced via Live Mesh =(
  15. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,243 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,479 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #15  
    How did you get FB chat to work? I've tried removing my FB setting and adding them back.
    Quote Originally Posted by L3vi View Post
    I've also been running Mango since yesterday, and boy it's been great. I'm surprised how not buggy it is. There are a few bugs, but after a reboot most seem to be gone. The only thing missing seems to be the Twitter integration, but MS already said that will be in the final release. I don't use twitter, so I don't care. It really feels like I have a new phone again.

    IE9 is an excellent mobile browser, it's awesome. Pages render quickly, and I really feel like I'm getting the full desktop experience.

    The messages hub and threads is too cool. Being able to Facebook chat then seamlessly switch to text is great.

    Multitasking, really needed this, and finally it's here. It works as expected, just not with 3rd party apps yet obviously.

    For me boot times seemed to have improved.

    Office Hub is loads better, however I still can't access the documents synced via Live Mesh =(
  16. L3vi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    To get Facebook chat, make sure you go to messenger.live.com and connect your account to Facebook and add contacts from Facebook or go into your Live Messenger program and do it from there. Also resync your Live and Facebook accounts on your phone (settings, email and accounts, tap and hold, sync). Then wait, should be working within a few hours.
  17. jmerrey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,778 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,837 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    I will agree that this "beta" build is amazingly stable. Yes, it is missing some features, but the features that are there are solid. Honestly, if MS hadn't demoed some features that aren't implemented yet, I could see this being an RC with just a very few minor tweaks.
  18. Luisraul924's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,008 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,013 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    Well here's something that you and I both were waiting for a fix for. Youtube still doesn't play sound through bt headphones. But yeah, the minor details are awesome.
    ****, no fix for that yet? Hmm... Well I just thought it through and decided I'll wait until final release you guys will serve as hype and once I get the finalized product I'm sure I'll be amazed.
  19. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,243 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,479 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #19  
    Wow, that did it. It connected. I wonder if they'll allow yahoo, AIM, gmail type linking in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by L3vi View Post
    To get Facebook chat, make sure you go to messenger.live.com and connect your account to Facebook and add contacts from Facebook or go into your Live Messenger program and do it from there. Also resync your Live and Facebook accounts on your phone (settings, email and accounts, tap and hold, sync). Then wait, should be working within a few hours.
    I'm about to sit my phone in the office while I get some work done in the lab. I'm not getting any work done by sitting here waiting for facebook contact to show up in the messaging "online" tile. :)
    Last edited by 1jaxstate1; 06-30-2011 at 03:53 PM.
  20. wreed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    27 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    I hope so, I want gtalk back after giving up my droid....
  21. jmerrey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,778 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,837 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by wreed View Post
    I hope so, I want gtalk back after giving up my droid....
    me too, i have about 25 friends who use gtalk, and 1 friend who uses live messenger, so i'm stuck using the painfully slow but effective im+
  22. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,243 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,479 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #22  
    I'm in the same boat, I have about 15 friends on gtalk, 10 on yahoo, 5 on AIM, 0 on live messenger.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmerrey View Post
    me too, i have about 25 friends who use gtalk, and 1 friend who uses live messenger, so i'm stuck using the painfully slow but effective im+
  23. wreed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    27 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    How sweet is the new Xbox Live hub?
  24. starblade876's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    307 Posts
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    I have questions about Zune. If you have a playlist going and then you play a video that you have on your device (like a recording or one that was synced), can you resume the playlist where you left off? I'm also wondering the same with "shuffle all."
  25. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,243 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,479 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #25  
    IT's SUPER SWEET! The new layout is awesome and your avatar does more, and pretty much NO load time. He/She [avatar comes running out as soon as u slide to where he's at. He's also more animated, with less time of him just sitting there looking at you. LOL. It's pretty flawless IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by wreed View Post
    How sweet is the new Xbox Live hub?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions