07-02-2011 09:12 AM
- What's wrong with Microsoft? Most of the big carrier had gotten their flagship devices. (Evo 3D, Galaxy S II, HTC Sensation, T-mobile G2x, White Iphone 4) and a bunch of 4G devices Thunderbolt, Inspire, Revolution, Charge and more.
Where's Windows Phone? Do Microsoft expect most people to buy the same old new phones? I mean I got my Optimus a couple of months ago but it was new on this country it came out at the start of summer.
Even if they are not new Windows Phone aviable, Why can't they just release those european phones to the states and vice versa?07-01-2011 10:21 AM
- HeyCoriMod EmeritusBlame the manufactures. Unlike the iPhone market, which is essentially comprised of 1 design, the Android market is fierce and filled with a ton of competitors. They have to routinely release so many "super phones" to keep a leg up on the competition. Android is a race to the top while WP7 is (unfortunately) more of a race to the bottom. Manufactures know they can let their WP7 hardware take a backseat until sales/competition heats up. They will take notice when Nokia finally gets the ball rolling and releases their super phone. Manufactures won't be able to idly sit by because they know Nokia will gobble up the entire WP7 market if they can. Also, I think they're weary about releasing a phone post-nodo but pre-finalized Mango.07-01-2011 10:46 AM
- I agree- I think this first round is kind of an incubation - It's only been what 6 weeks since the specs were "clarified". I'd be willing to bet the device manufacturers are working in that direction to launch in the mango time frame and capitalize on holiday shopping.07-01-2011 01:52 PM
- New phones for the sake of phones is kind of ridiculous. The original droid is still an awesome phone if you tweak it and overclock it and can still do 99% what the others can. A lot of the new stuff is software anyway. The reason there aren't a slew of new devices coming for WP7 I think is because what's already here are pretty damn good. More power generally means less battery so why bother? The only new phones I'd say should be coming are different form factors for some carriers. A slider for Verizon, a slate for Sprint, etc.
The waiting for Mango though is a legit reason as well, especially if Mango introduces front facing cameras and other hardware related updates. You can't add a FFC after launch via software. :P Remember Sprint and Verizon waited for NoDo.07-01-2011 07:13 PM
- When debating to wait on a new phones and the HTC Arrive, I realized these phones are fine! High rez screens, fast processors, fast os etc. Sure no front facing camera, but I hate android and iphones putting new s*** out all the time, it is kick in the nuts. ENJOY WHAT YOU GOT, sheesh. Mango is being testing on these current phones and it is FASTER, read that, faster. We don't need new phones yet, so lets chill.07-01-2011 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD