HTC Surround charger port?

flyeaglesfly

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this or not, but it is definitely the most read, so here it is.

Is HTC known for having weakly soldered charger ports? 3 weeks ago my Surround just suddenly stopped charging. Had to have a replacement sent (took a week). Received my new phone 2 weeks ago and now the jack is loose in this one and will only hold a charge if i wiggle it around.

I treat my devices with great care, so this is not me being rough with the device. Can't believe I'm about to be on my 3rd Surround, and with the way WP7 backs up your phone (no phone bought apps saved, all data lost in those apps etc), this is becoming a huge pain.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I am a big time long time HTC fan I have had a lot of devices I have never broken a charging port. My dog knocked my EVO Shift on to the floor once and stepped on the cord (80 pound Lab) and broke the charge port. Other than that time they have all been solid I would suggest trying a different charger/cable see if that helps.

flyeaglesfly

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I love HTC as well...if this 3rd one doesn't work out I'm going to try and get them to send me a HD7S instead. Hoping for the best!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Ouch, that sucks. Have had my Surround since 11/8, and I typically go through about two full charges a day. A good part of the late afternoon/evening I am tethered to one of my USB portable battery backups with a 12" USB cord, so I probably plug/unplug 4-6 times a day, and no issues. I do have a USB data cable that I use to connect to a secondary machine and it's tighter than I would prefer, which scares me a bit, but not a problem.

I have also owned several other HTC devices and never experienced any charging port issues. Did you try a hard reset on the first device before returning it? Wonder of the issue was software related. Does not explain the second device issue though.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes