Official: Mango Issues/Bugs/Concerns Thread

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Extras! Where the heck are they? I like to share to 'Rowi' and 'Photobucket' within the photo app.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I believe that xbox live extras are now integrated into the the xbox hub. The only piece in the market allows you to customize your avatar.

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Remember to keep in mind this is a beta build. But here are some:

No way to quick toggle Bluetooth , WiFi, etc
Tab button in IE should be visible at all times.
no tethering

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Those aren't bugs, my friend. Those would be features which have yet to be included. I keep my settings button on the start screen so can hit bluetooth, wifi or whatever from there. As quick as having a toggle? No. But, works for me.

Agreed that tabs should be put back in before final build.

Tethering... I don't use it but know many do. I know Mango supports it, though (or is supposed to).

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Extras! Where the heck are they? I like to share to 'Rowi' and 'Photobucket' within the photo app.

You can find the "beta xbox live extras" in the market still, but its only for avatar editing now. Easiest way is to just go into games hub, click on "avatar" and it will take you to the app. All the rest is built into the hub now.

There are some glitches in the system, but we do have to keep in mind this is a preview build which is not only not finished, but certain things are not implemented which will be part of the final release.

That being said, here are a couple glitches I've come across quite frequently. Both seem related to the same issue:

1 Tile edges will render incorrectly while scrolling/flipping sometimes.
2. in pictures folder when scrolling down quickly you will see many duplicates of the same photo being rendered. Once you slow down or stop scrolling, they will load the correct thumbnails. In the NoDo build they just wouldn't render till you slowed down, and I almost prefer this.

Seems like a general rendering issue that most likely wont be in the final build though so I'm not worried about it.

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
In email, folders button isn't always visible
When emails go to folders it doesn't get counted on the live tile

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Those aren't bugs, my friend. Those would be features which have yet to be included. I keep my settings button on the start screen so can hit bluetooth, wifi or whatever from there. As quick as having a toggle? No. But, works for me.

Agreed that tabs should be put back in before final build.

Tethering... I don't use it but know many do. I know Mango supports it, though (or is supposed to).

this thread is also for issues and concerns. I also keep my settings pinned to start, but it would be nice if it was implemented in the drop down when you hit a volume button. Perhaps they could have it so that you could swipe to the right and there would be the connectivity toggles.

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
More of a feature but being able to close an app in multitasking like u can with ie tabs would be good, having to hit 'back' 4 or 5 times to close the people app is a pain.

on some html5 sites you can't zoom out to see the whole site which is weird, hopefully will be fixed.
Edit: for example http://www.blocklevel.nl/

in IE, bring up the menu from the bottom and then hit the home button, the transition is a bit dodgy, the menu stays up while the home screen loads then it disappears...not very slick.

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
This is also a concerns thread, so it's not just for issues/bugs. Whether they will be fixed (as someone eluded to that this was a preview and beta, which we know) or not, it's still good to discuss as some may be on the ropes with updating and certain bugs/issues/concerns if known before hand, some could find a way to adjust or others won't even download.

I believe 'Extras' will be added to the menu options eventually, but was hoping that it may have just been me missing or or an option that had to be changed/updated.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
You can find the "beta xbox live extras" in the market still, but its only for avatar editing now. Easiest way is to just go into games hub, click on "avatar" and it will take you to the app. All the rest is built into the hub now.

Not Xbox Live Extras... 'Extras' option in the "Pictures" hub.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Support for multiple Google calendars.

More customizations for tile and background colors.

The option to pin games, podcasts, etc. directly to the home screen without going through the hubs.

A separate volume control for music and ringtones and speaker volumes.

The ability to set some basic customized sound profiles that can be easily switched to or even set to timers, location, etc.

Less restrictive customizable ringtones.

And I second (or third or fourth) the call for a pinnable WiFi toggle.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
They have to do something for notifications. Aside from facebook, messenger,text/email there is no place to see if you have any new alerts. If your not around your phone when a alert happens, you're pretty much SOL. Can dev's put their notifications on the lock scree, as MS does with text/email.

Also, I think we are going to need some type of folder for apps. After push of apps last week, I'm ready to group come of these apps together.

Last edited:

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
They have to do something for notifications. Aside from facebook, messenger,text/email there is no place to see if you have any new alerts. If your not around your phone when a alert happens, you're pretty much SOL. Can dev's put their notifications on the lock scree, as MS does with text/email.

Also, I think we are going to need some type of folder for apps. After push of apps last week, I'm ready to group come of these apps together.

I agree. Maybe start using the LED for something useful, like an unread message notification? BlackBerry has been doing that for ages. WP7 has the LED but aren't using it intelligently.

I like the folder idea. Maybe make them customizable hubs?

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
One issue I noticed is that when I'm on a call and place the screen does not dim, and as soon as the phone touches my cheek, it hangs up the call.

The only way I found to get around this is to hit the back button all the way back to the home screen...while the phone is still on a call.

I don't believe I had this issue with nodo..but I'm not sure.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3