Number of mobiles for each contact

manewinho

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Good afternoon,

I would like to know if it's possible to add more than one mobile number to each contact. I don't know how people do in other countries but here in Portugal it's normal to see people with 3 mobile phones (one for each carrier) and it would be good if I could add all those details to my contacts (because a mobile phone number is not an home number or a work number!!!).

Cheers,
Manuel

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I?m pretty sure you CAN`T do it for now , this might be done in the MANGO update doh ,

for now the only work around is to add the second mobile as a work/home number.

unless there is a way to do it with HOMEBRUW.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have Mango and you can only have 1 mobile number per contact but you can add 2 home and 2 work numbers per contact if that's any help to you manewinho. :)

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
What you could do is save each number as a different contact and link all of them together. All of the mobile numbers will show up as separate entries and will allow you to choose which to call or text. For example if you have a contact named John Do. Enter another contact John D, John, etc. And link them all together.

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The problem I had with the single Mobile number was that you can't text any number that isn't a Mobile. While you can still only have one number of type 'Mobile' in Mango you can actually text any other type (Work 1, Work 2, Home 1, Home 2, etc...) of number.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm on NoDo and I have 2 mobile numbers and 2 text numbers under one contact. Just do the method I described above.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
ummm... I've got multiple contacts on my phone that each have more than one mobile number listed so I don't know why people are saying that it can't be done.

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
You select the contact you want to start off with and you see the 2 link chain at the bottom, press that and select the contact you want it to merge with.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
In Mango you can switch to text a different phone number for the contact just like you can switch to Facebook chat or WLM. Its very handy. Any phone number comes up and you just have to know if you can actually send texts to it.

It would be nice to have multiple "mobile" labeled fields though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99