People Hub Featuring Facebook and Google+

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Now that's a bullet point I hope to see at some point, if Google+ becomes a viable alternative. How do you think WP7 will fare if Google+ becomes *the* new social network? I've only seen development for their own OS, and there's work started for iOS. Would WP7 ever have an app, or make it an integrated experience like it does with FB? Since we don't even have Google Maps, I doubt it.

What do you think?

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Eventually I hope so. I know Google has been blocking WP from some things, but eventually they will have to if market share increases. Especially in light of the new Anti Trust investigation they are part of now.

Facebook isn't going anywhere, but I personally really like Google+ and hope it does at least compete with it long term.

Will MS bake it into the OS down the road if it does become large enough? You can bet on it.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I doubt that they will ever bake it into their OS. MS and FB are known partners in crime. G+ is a threat to FB. I think the most we will ever see is an app in the Marketplace.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ultimately MS is about getting as many people to use their products as possible. They aren't partners in crime with LinkedIN or Twitter (as far as anything like they are with Facebook), but you are right. Its probably less likely, but still wouldn't rule it out.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Expect 3rd party apps. not build in ... My space , Facebook , google + (android ;) ) twiter = all the same BS.

you get 10000 friends , and no one shows up at your moving day. lol

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I hope it doesn't catch up. Google is pretty greedy with their apps, Youtube is so horrible on WP7 =(

youtube apps are FREAKIGN awesome , try the ?Lazy tube ... my Friend has a Iphone 4 and he couldn’t believe how much better it was then on the Iphone. i dont think it sucks , its well organized and takes nice advantage of the Metro UI witch is better the the NON ios UI... well that’s my opinion anyways. :p

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how google will bake Google+ into their OS too. I really like google +, and everyone seems to want in on it from Twitter. I don't think google + will do any damage to FB, but Twitter better watch out.

I sure hope someone makes a good G+ app. I could actually see myself grabbing a Android phone if google can hit a home run with Gchat,GoogleVoice,Gdocs,Google+,UTube. if they still have a OEM making phones, that hasn't been sued into oblivion.

Last edited:

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I doubt that they will ever bake it into their OS. MS and FB are known partners in crime. G+ is a threat to FB. I think the most we will ever see is an app in the Marketplace.

Well, it looks like things are already changing. There's going to be a WP7 app for Google+.

Google+ is being changed this week based on user feedback | Geek.com

youtube apps are FREAKIGN awesome , try the ?Lazy tube ... my Friend has a Iphone 4 and he couldn?t believe how much better it was then on the Iphone. i dont think it sucks , its well organized and takes nice advantage of the Metro UI witch is better the the NON ios UI... well that?s my opinion anyways. :p

I'm using SuperTube - mainly for the download function. Gonna check out the Lazytube, and see what it's all about. ;)

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
youtube apps are FREAKIGN awesome , try the ?Lazy tube ... my Friend has a Iphone 4 and he couldn?t believe how much better it was then on the Iphone. i dont think it sucks , its well organized and takes nice advantage of the Metro UI witch is better the the NON ios UI... well that?s my opinion anyways. :p
Youtube apps are fine, but I want to tap on a Youtube video and watch it in HD in the default viewer. I don't mind having a dedicated app for watching Youtube, but I honestly rarely sit down and decide to watch a bunch of Youtube clips on my phone; they're always links I watch from other sites. Give me a better default Youtube viewer that's integrated into the Pictures + Videos hub.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope someone makes a good G+ app. I could actually see myself grabbing a Android phone if google can hit a home run with Gchat,GoogleVoice,Gdocs,Google+,UTube. if they still have a OEM making phones, that hasn't been sued into oblivion.

Me too. I love my Focus, but Google+ is very compelling for me.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I find it interesting that the WPcentral main page had an article about a native G+ app for WP coming out next week which is now gone. I wonder why happened. Maybe it was a bad tip?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I find it interesting that the WPcentral main page had an article about a native G+ app for WP coming out next week which is now gone. I wonder why happened. Maybe it was a bad tip?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

I was just thinking the same thing.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I may be one of the few on Google+ that don't really give a dog gone about it. For me, if it shows up on WP7 or not is of no consequence. I'm still waiting for this to have a point.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I may be one of the few on Google+ that don't really give a dog gone about it. For me, if it shows up on WP7 or not is of no consequence. I'm still waiting for this to have a point.

I'm on it only because my Android ****** friends insist on being on there instead of FB. I have my profile set to private and supposedly accounts set to private will be deleted by the end of the month. I'm calling them out on that and keeping it private. I could honestly care less if they delete my account.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Pretty much the same for me, I'm not a fan of FB either for that matter but finally made an account there earlier this year to appease a few friends. I really don't need nor want another social networking site, but for those that do more power to them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999