Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Seriously, with my Surround, my first Focus and my current Focus, it just randomly won't turn on. I press the wake-up button, and nothing. I have to pull the battery and start it from scratch. It fires up super fast, way faster than my Android phone, but seriously Microsoft? Why does my phone have to reboot so often?

I hope this is fixed with Mango.

Hmm, this is never an issues for me.

Nor sure about Surround, but it could be problem with focus if you have a SD card installed.

What specific SD card do you have? Model #.

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    No SD card.

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I'm having that issue occasionally with my current Focus, but I've been having issues with this device; a refurb.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    Microsoft Store employee; opinions are mine.

I'm on the Twitters.

Didn't experience this ever on my Focus or Arrive. Strange.

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    I know my HD7 isn't from the same OEM and it isn't even on the same network but I've never had this issue...

I've had this problem with my LG Optimus 7 too, but only a couple of times.

Never had this problem on Optimus 7

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Since November I have only pulled the battery 4 times (that I can remember) on my Surround. Twice to deal with the alarm bug that was resolved after a hard reset, once after my phone froze using an after market battery, and don't remember why for the other event.

Most, but not all, soft resets (without a battery pull) have been for maintenance, like resetting after uninstalling a troublesome app, making a change using ACT, or testing the results of a reset on the Endpoint registry keys. Since resolving my early alarm issues, probably no more than 1 or 2 unplanned soft resets a month.

It would be good to understand the events leading up to your need for a battery pull, to develop so kind of pattern.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alzaeem View Post
    This, me neither.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    That's an odd issue doesn't seam to be something any of us are experiencing at leas not on a regular bases. Its got to be some type of software issue with something you have used on both devices.

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Something wrong with your phones. Focus I have hasn't had the battery out of since I put the sd card in it and hasn't been restarted in a month or more.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Believe it or not, I haven't had to pull my battery once since i got my phone in October. Amazing but true. :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

I haven't had to do this for my Focus yet. Of course I've only had it a week. I listened to the WPcentral podcast 117 and one guy on there said he has to pull his battery on his Samsung Omnia about once a week.

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    Could be a bad app. Could try uninstalling some applications you think may be the culprit one at a time and see if you can figure it out. Shouldn't be the phone unless the battery is bad, but my money is on some application.

No problem on my Focus. My money is on a troublesome application, too.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    I had to that when I had a Focus, but it was hardware related, turned out to be a bad porximity sensor.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I have the notoriously problematic Dell Venue Pro and have had to pull my battery no more than once a month, if that. I do however, have to soft reset two or three times a week, which will hopefully be fixed with the FW update this week.

Oh yeah. Your issue. ;) I would suggest what dtboos suggested. Try to determine when the behavior began and then go to your app purchase history in Zune and start deleting apps one by one, over the course of some days, in the order you purchased them, from most recent to least (tedious, I know). Hopefully, you can determine if that's the cause.

With three phones doing the same thing, it's gotta be the shoes... er I mean apps.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    I've had this issue with my Focus a few times, but had it with my Nexus S 4G (not a wp device, but is a samsung) a few times a day! Had to send that sucka packing.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Good point about the apps. I mostly just use IE, but I do tend to install random free stuff.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    iva had to do this a phew times , i notice some apps ramdomly freezes my phone ( normaly crapy free apps )

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I've never had to do it with my Arrive either. The only times it force rebooted on me was when I was in the ICanHasCheezburger app, which is buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by alzaeem View Post
    Same here