After Mango... what's next?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Uploading videos to facebook, twitter, youtube from the phone. Support or other IM services, at least yahoo and AIM, and sending MMS.

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Support for gChat in the messaging hubs ( I don't see this happening, Google has been complete dbags towards Microsoft and WP7 with regards to accessing their services and APIs), wireless tethering, support more file formats (it doesn't let me even read my code files, on iOS it at least treats it as a text file), more apps tailored to power users (this is up to developers I guess), improve Bing maps.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
cross platform with Xbox .

i wana be able to play games like ilomilo on my cell with my bud on his xbox!!!

listen to voice msg on my cellphone ( xbox live msgs) so far it tells me to go to my xbox.... dont evan think its in mango yet...

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Full landscape support in all the native apps and hubs. I greatly prefer landscape on my Arrive I slide the keyboard out most of the time when I am using it.

pikacz

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
i only want the updates to always be available for all current wp7 devices :) i'd like some nice augmented reality apps and games. oh, and bluetooth file transfers would be nice, too

pmb1903

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
This needs to happen!!!!!

I just recently switched over from android to wp7,not really had a choice since my brother switched the plans up to a different carrier and picked something out without me being there. Anyways i was gonna return it then i started to like it and just didnt return it. i have the samsung focus on at&t and have to say that im really impressed by how far windows phones have came up. didnt have mango when i got it so i had to do the whole force zune update and it worked perfectly. But there are still some things that would bring this os up a little further. with the IOS4s new speak integration it shows that even the simplest form of an OS like the iphone can still come out with new improvements that can still keep them in the game, not to mention how you can pretty much do anything you want with a new android: home replacements, roms, root access, wireless tether pretty much if you know anything about cell phones you can have whatever you want on an android. this is WP7s biggest threat. I mean if the the Creator himself (Bill Gates) put just 1/10 of thought and effort into WP7 as he did for windows he could have the biggest cell phone OS on the planet as well as we all know windows. But being at the top he has people who make alot of his decisions for him,plus branches of the company like the cell phone os WP7. this is where all the mistakes are happening. They really need to step their game up. Sure the phones are bad *** looking but whats a good looking cell phone good for without just as much customization sand features to go with it. these are some things that are very much needed to bring WP7 to the top.

custom colors: color wheels to let us choose what colors for the start screen background not just black and white, tiles,message bubbles, menus everything instead of just giving us like 7 colors to deal with.

Tile creator built in from microsoft themselves,no third party crap, something to let us create a tile for basically anything we want, choose color, application, tap function, pictures, text, and at least make it to where you can create at least 4 tiles.

some sort of mass storage, i know, i know probly wont see it due to required software and firmware changes. but at least somthing that if were at the library or a friends house or even on a random computer, see a song or file you want just plug it in and get it. basically create another way to get things besides having to have zune on every computer you run into.

please add option for list or app icon grid views, this can probly be done with very little software changes and still be able to keep the crisp modern look of WP7,just depends on if they feel up to it or not,sure its probly came up in one of their meetings or discussions.

and finally some sort of file management system built in or app even i dont care just something to show and edit/install/remove everything from docs to videos and apps all in one place without having to go to 8 different apps in your phone just to see what you have on it without a computer plugged up( i mean a handheld way).

I mean with windows computers you can do what you want, why should it be any different for their phones,plus these phones coming out post mango are gonna be expensive, nobodys gonna pay it when they could spend like 2 or 250 on a focus or surround and have the same thing just different look

WOW this is long, but if you read it all please respond and let me know what you think.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
iOS = Firm Hand -> Makes you jailbreak
WP7 = 50/50
Android = Openness -> What a Whore!

And just for the record, Gates no longer works for Microsoft since 2007. And the Father of WP7 is Joe Belfiore :3

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Some changes

1. Integrate Skype e.g. If i buy a skype number 1-800-XXX-XXXX with unlimited data calling. I can call Jane either landline or skype Wifi. Also if somebody calls my Skype number my phone will ring

2. Integrate Lync for corporate messaging

3. Seperate Business and Corporate contacts

4. Hardware encryption (probably see this next gen phones but the OS has to support it)

5. Native Outlook client screw Active Sync thats for Androids and iOS's WP should have the best Office experience out of the 3 no excuses

That is it for now I have alot more but what do you guys think?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon