07-24-2011 06:19 AM
- well from experiance our apps are clean and dont slow down my phone ,
compare to Android , my personal opignion , android HAS NOTHING on wp7
Iphone apps are prety good , well i should say they have MORE good apps , simply because its been arround MUCH MUCH longer .
Wp7 they have a PHEW GREAT apps like AMAZING APPS . just not enought cause its new
wp7 i think has more potential long term then a IOS5 might or the new droid OS.
i have a win 7pc + xbox live + zune so a wp7 for me was a no brainer and im never looking back. and so far the more the dayz go by the more im happy with the Overall OS and Apps07-18-2011 02:09 PM
- For android, generally much better. For iPhone, because it has been out for longer and are so many people developing for it, the really good iPhone apps are top notch and often better then WP7 apps (give WP7 time). But, conversely, with such a huge marketplace on the iPhone, there are 100K horrible apps.
I think in general the WP7 apps are really nice. And the OS is done so that it does not really effect the phone if an app messes up.
Until the next version of the OS, coming out in a few months though, the phones are really tied down as to what the apps are allowed to do; so you might find that a little odd at first. But the apps that are already out in beta that we know about for the new more open OS are amazing, and odds are pretty good by the end of the year everything will be golden.
The rate of the apps and developers coming to WP7 has been consistently faster and better then either iPhone or Android.07-18-2011 02:14 PM
- Hardly ever encounter an app screwing up. Happens but way less then when I had my android phones. When the OS update comes in the fall the apps will be even more functional then they already are. The live tile function will be 100% better. Not there not good now they are great but will be much better in a couple months here07-18-2011 04:47 PM
- If you want to see some very nice apps (if you have a WP or know someone that does) is IMDB, Cocktail Flow (my personal favorite, for the design, not the subject matter :) ) MTV News is actually pretty good design (but it was pulled about 2 weeks after launch and has not come back yet) BBC News is good, USA Today is nice, WPCentral is REALLY good, FourSquare, 4th and Mayor (both 4Sq apps).07-18-2011 09:39 PM
- Thanks to everyone for the comments, I will probably pick up a WP7 when Samsung releases a dual core phone with Mango or when Nokia rolls out their flagship. Definately tired of the fragmentation from Android, they have awesome native apps but third party apps are so so and they update their OS so fast that they do not roll out a clean version "it will all be fixed in the next version".07-19-2011 12:17 AM
- Android will have more apps your friends are using, but that gap is closing. WP7 apps are very polished and flow nicely. I've yet to see any slowdown in my phone. But you got to realize that you can have apps running in the background with Android, and not with WP7 yet.07-20-2011 10:31 AM
- Both are different in their own ways. Having owned both, I prefer Android.
WP7 is good if you want something easy to use that works well. Granted, its still sort of 1.0 software so you're not getting as much functionality and support out of it as Android.
Android is more complex, yet still simple to use. The OS operates a lot like a PC.07-21-2011 08:52 PM
A few Android handsets are awesome. Many are good. But there are also a whole lot of really, really mediocre to bad ones - and the least said about 95% of Android tablets the better.07-22-2011 09:15 AM
- i currently have an atrix and cannot wait to sell it and go to phone 7. im sick of the fragmentation and the apps that only work on some phones but not others. it is a good os if you want to mess with it, but i want an os that works all the time not only when it wants to.07-22-2011 10:53 PM
- I'm gonna switch to WP7 from Iphone most likely, unless something comes up in the next couple months. The WP7 crew is showing that they really have a plan for this OS, while Apple is showing that they are letting everyone else innovate, so they can steal features for their next update.07-23-2011 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD