Is It Really Worth Running Mango Now?

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I remember when nodo came out and everyone was saying if u flashed nodo before it went to ur phone officially you were screwed and couldnt update it to the official versions or any versions afterwards

im kinda scared the same result may happen with mango, plus this mango update now seems a bit difficult imo..

with rumors of a mango device launching next month in japan isnt it possible for the official version of mango to launch next month as well? if its launching in japan next month then mango should be 99.9% finished maybe just add a little more english flavor on it for us and thats it any chances of a earlyy mango release for everyone next month?

X7or360

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The only downside I see, apart from the bugs you may encounter is the fact that you're gonna have to roll back to NoDo before getting the final version of mango.

And with that you lose any progress in your games or changes you've made to your device. Personally, that's why I'm waiting. I can't afford to unlock more levels in angry birds and then have to go back again.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
The only downside I see, apart from the bugs you may encounter is the fact that you're gonna have to roll back to NoDo before getting the final version of mango.

And with that you lose any progress in your games or changes you've made to your device. Personally, that's why I'm waiting. I can't afford to unlock more levels in angry birds and then have to go back again.

when the official version of mango comes out and we get it will we lose our game saves by upgrading?

X7or360

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
when the official version of mango comes out and we get it will we lose our game saves by upgrading?

If you installed the mango beta, yes. In that case you have to restore to NoDo before you get the final version of mango.

If you didn't get the beta you will update normally.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
While it is very possible that Mango will be released on a phone next month, that doesn't mean existing devices will get the update any time soon. I put my money on being released to carriers late August, early September, and a rollout to phones late September, early October. (according to what I've read, and a source that I have)

amenfashion

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
It's not hacking the **** out of your phone. I just took my trophy out of the box, hooked it up to the nearest PC, installed Zune, downloaded the "getmangoearly" or whatever file, ran it, ran Zune, and it installed Mango on my phone in under half an hour.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It's not hacking the **** out of your phone. I just took my trophy out of the box, hooked it up to the nearest PC, installed Zune, downloaded the "getmangoearly" or whatever file, ran it, ran Zune, and it installed Mango on my phone in under half an hour.

You must have a very different phone than I have have. I just took my Focus out of the box, hooked it up to the nearest PC, installed Zune, downloaded the. Oh. I was lucky to get NoDo. And it took a long time of double checking.

hyperik

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Mango... everything is faster!!!

Really really in Mango everything is faster!!!!!

I'm no hacker but understand prompt and .bat.

I used this guide Install Windows Phone 7 Mango Update Now – How To

It works and it is really easy... just BACKUP the BACKUP folder twice on external drive if you're PC somehow exploded or something. :p
Remove all video /music/ big apps to speed the update up. (I did reset!! so update can take longer if you have many apps )

1: FIRST ''support tools'' install
2: Then dowload mangoforall_0.2.zip and open update.bat makes backup to some folder on C: drive
3: Manually update in Zune >settings>phone>update First update 15 min
4: That again Zune >settings>phone>update Second update the MANGO one hour+... and WOW it’s almost bug free =D really

More bug free than any Android rom or IOS5 =]

That is it.

Everyone say's DO NOT DO IT but I can tell you it's worth it... I can finally download podcasts!!!!! Save camera settings. Facebook chat!!! But the biggest thing is it's really faster... not the loading of apps but everything else.. Scrolling is smoothsmoothy and faster... faster animations!!! And some new ones than you discover in time. Multitasking is really nice although it only works with native apps not from the marketplace (jet) they say that in August the Mango apps are accepted!!

Glad I did it. Do it if you really can’t wait and made backup 2 to 3 times to server/external drive pictures backup... you only lose games progress and older sms. It’s easier than any android rom. Almost like MS made this possible.. but BACKUP BACKUP and save BACKUP.

The wait.. :mad::mad::):D;):giggle::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: MANGOOO

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i use to hack all my phones ( palm pre , WM , android ) but to be honest , i dont wana risk scraping my phone. this is the second focus i buy and i dont wana drop an other 500$

lol

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

I hope that works out for you if you did it that quickly. Did you do the backup first? That was a critical step. If you did not you may not be able to put your phone back on Nodo so that you can upgrade to the final version of Mango.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99