I've noticed that if I sync a lot of music to my phone at once, a lot of problems occur. First of all, I notice that a lot of the music that I chose to sync simply does not make it to the phone. Only a few songs from a particular album might make it, whereas the rest is simply not there. Another thing is that a lot of songs get cut off. It will be playing and then end suddenly and go to the next song. It's not that it skips, but something happened where the song length has been shortened, like not all of the file was transferred.
I sync my wirelessly and have never had an issue with part transfers and I think only once that I recall I had to tell a song twice to sync. I have been impressed I like that I can select my songs without my phone being plugged and I know it will be sync as I charge my phone at night.
I love the Wireless sync. I've never had a problem with either method tho. My Palm Pre did the same thing but that was both a different phone and a different lappytop. Tell us which method of sync you use. Also how how much music are you syncing when this happens. i.e. One album, or 10? What is the estimated file gee-bees (Gigabytes) that you are syncing at once?
Last edited by jchapman01; 08-04-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Reason: Typos annoy me.
I have a Focus, and on my Dell desktop, the USB sync will constantly drop out and "phone is not responding" messages will pop up all the time.
Then I can always plug it back in, and it seems to work fine and sit there.
Wireless sync always works properly though. It's just USB. But my Zune HD will work perfectly every time on my Dell. On my Samsung Laptop though, I don't seem to have any problems.
It's annoying.........but...yeah, I'm not really sure what's going on. I've tried all sorts of fixes, but it never really works perfect. I honestly want to think, that it's a combination between my phone and the desktop, where as I think another phone would work fine since my Zune HD does...but I guess I can't really know for sure.