Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By donnydonny#WP
  • 1 Post By Nettwerk

WP7 rocks so hard! It's mindboggling that Microsoft made such an awesome mobile OS. Coming from a Palm Pre, it's a breath of fresh air to be using a phone that feels solid (HTC Arrive). Although I do miss webOS, WP7 does an excellent job of giving users a simple, powerful, and beautiful OS. I couldn't be happier joining the WP7 party.
    dreamcast87 and sm07 like this.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Welcome to Sex.

As you can see we have a hardcore community.

Another Pre user added to the ranks!

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express
    dumb phone > Palm Pre > Palm Pre+ > HTC Arrive> HTC EVO LTE > No more Windows Phones until WP gets Swype.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    welcome to the team :P
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Welcome welcome! I used to be a fandroid :)

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Switching from iPhone to WP7, I'm happy as well.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
    iPhone, iPhone 3G, Palm Pre, iPhone 3Gs iPhone 4, Windows Phone 7:HTC HD7, Samsung Omnia 7, HTC Titan, Office 365, Zune Pass, MSDN.
    jaded skies likes this.

came from the pre myself and shall i propose,{raises fist in the air} LONG LIVE PALLLMMMM!

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Welcome to Sex.
    Haha

But really, you will love the OS, and your phone!

(Also on an Arrive here. Some lack of a landscape support can be annoying at times, but I promised you in a few months when you get Mango, it will address that enough to make owning a landscape keyboard even more worth it.)

Thanks for the welcome. I don't know what relation this site has to PreCentral, but the people on there were awesome, and I'm sure everyone is here as well.

There are a couple quirks that I've experienced already (i.e., can't manually add networks), but it's good to hear that Mango will be addressing them.

The thing with WinPhone, is right now, we all came from somewhere... I had a Samsung Omnia (WinMo 6.1)... it was sold as a smart phone but it wasn't , it was but it wasn't really. Anyway, I love WP7 and Welcome to those joining the initial wave, It's going to be a hella of a fun ride!!

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Welcome! I was a Symbian user for a long time :)

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I was actually a feature phone user that never though of owing a smartphone.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Welcome! I came from using a Pre as well, which had crap hardware, bad developer support. While I love WebOS, WP7 is just slick. It's faster, more reliable and has better support from both Microsoft and developers. Plus, the hardware can actually survive after dropping the phone :P

You've made a good choice!

Weome I actually sold my iPhone 4 to get the trophy and I have never been happier. I mean the iPhone is a great phone but wp7 is just perfect for me. The trophy is such an under rated phone. Hopefully Verizon will release a few more wp7 devices.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Speaking of the Trophy. I know HTC has another phone named Mozart and for a long time I though it was just the European name of the trophy. But turns out it has a higher MP camera and quality design. Any idea why Verizon brought the trophy instead of mozart?

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Glad you came over from the "other" side - you'll like it here!!

Ello guys and girls, samsung omnia 7 user here. It's a bit of a beast isnt it? =D

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    It is, is hard to go back to icons after titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    It is, is hard to go back to icons after titles.
    More chance of me going back to videos over dvds! Long live the future!!!

I just got a Dell Venue Pro, and it is great! My work phone is a BB torch, which I thought was the be all, end all. Boy, was I mistaken. The WP7 OS is a whole generation better than the RIM OS. Now that I have been using the DVP, I'm wondering why have I been using the BB.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I've recently joined the Windows Phone 7 bandwagon with a Samsung Omnia 7.

Really loving the platform so far. Zune software on Windows is frankly stuhning IMO and works beautifully, far better than iTunes.

WP7 itself is smooth as silk and a pleasure to use. I'm looking forward to living with the platform and watching it grow alongside my iOS and Android devices.

Bring on the Mango! :)
    HTC Titan

ummm... they're Verizon? They very rarely go for the awesome hardware, they seem to like the lower end stuff that they charge upper end dollars for. The safe design, especially with first generation stuff. I love the Verizon network, but I really don't like much else about them and their phone selection has always been less than stellar.