Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Suggestion - A TIMER FOR THE CAMERA. How many times do you see people holding their phones at arm's length to take a photo of themselves & friends? A timer feature could be the killer feature!

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Personally, I don't think a timer on a phone camera has so much use that it'd be worth to implement. I just don't see people trying to put their slim phones upright at some place, just to have them topple over. I can tell you, it's nearly impossible to get a proper angle, I tried.
    3migo likes this.

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    Jesdt makes a great point, how would you go about positioning the camera in order to make use of the timer?

i would like that. you can always lean the phone on something ;)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    How about a voice controlled ultralite and slim extendible tripod that is automatically extended from the phone battery compartment, just for those special moments?

Instructions...

1. Lay handset on ground after a long press of the home button.
    2. Handset: 'Listening...'
    3. Say 'TriPod'
    4. Handset: 'Sorry didn't catch that'
    5. Say 'TriPod' (Louder)
    6. Handset: 'Sorry couldn't hear anything'
    7. Say 'TriPod' (Even Louder)
    8. Handset: 'Sorry couldn't find that contact'
    9. Roar 'TriPod'
    10. Handset: 'Starting Internet Explorer'
    11. Look very disgruntled, walk over to phone, pick it up and take the picture yourself.

I think the extendible tripod is planned for the next release of WP7 (Tango) but so far
    the testing doesn't seem to be going too well.

These things happen with Beta software though. I'm sure it will work fine when Tango RTM's

NB: TriPod (Apple Patent Pending) ;)

Seriously though the timer is only good if you know you could frame the subject OK and you have something to prop up the phone.

99% of the time where / what would you use to prop it up for your timed shot ?

Hmmmm how about a magnetic battery cover for nearby metal objects? It's a start. (Applying for patent as we speak)

I'll make my fortune yet :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
    Dave Blake and 3migo like this.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    MS should make the Marketplace ask for a password after a certain amount of time. Just like on the iPhone. If someone had a family plan and wanted to keep tabs on how much their family downloaded, this would help. I think it's a must have.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    voice to text on the keyboard, which from what i hear is in mango... that is huge for me, i used all the time driving.

more importantly, how about deeper tile custimization. making them any color instead of the provided ones, being able to make them translucent. that way we can use backgrounds. and landscape mode from the home screen. theres an app in the marketplace that shows this idea, ( win 8 or something like that) i think its great!!!

lasly and the one thing i miss most, give me back my nes and snes emulators!!!
    3migo likes this.

A Timer would be easy peasy to implement. I mean, why the **** not? I'm hearing about some ability to disable shutter sound? Is that even legal?

Please remove black bar on right and expand live tiles to full screen. 20% of screen is wasted right now. Either put the arrow somewhere else, overlapping a tile not a problem as long as its not too big. Or do a Meego and make it so swiping left will switch to the app list. I've never owned a WP7 device btw but would like for this to be implemented for the Sea Ray.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    I thought they were going to all a small list of favorite apps icons below the arrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by altoids2011 View Post
    A Timer would be easy peasy to implement. I mean, why the **** not? I'm hearing about some ability to disable shutter sound? Is that even legal?

Please remove black bar on right and expand live tiles to full screen. 20% of screen is wasted right now. Either put the arrow somewhere else, overlapping a tile not a problem as long as its not too big. Or do a Meego and make it so swiping left will switch to the app list. I've never owned a WP7 device btw but would like for this to be implemented for the Sea Ray.

Global Posts
    436 Global Posts
    the list of fav apps below the arrow would be great

Quote Originally Posted by velvetelvis View Post
    the list of fav apps below the arrow would be great
    I wouldn't mind this, but I'd rather see a list of recent notifications. Maybe the little icons that you see in the toasts along with a number. You could then tap on the icon to view the notifications. There needs to be some way to view toast notifications that you missed.
    sm07 likes this.

Global Posts
    436 Global Posts
    that would be great also. just using the space would be better than having nothing there.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    That would be cool too. The current notifications system is a complete mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by thed View Post
    I wouldn't mind this, but I'd rather see a list of recent notifications. Maybe the little icons that you see in the toasts along with a number. You could then tap on the icon to view the notifications. There needs to be some way to view toast notifications that you missed.

I'd love to see tap screen to take photo, I seam to get the focus on the camera just right then clicking on the side button moves the focus. Nightmare, maybe I just need more practice =D
    TWEET @YIPYOO

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Delete all option for the email. I really want that.

What about an extra space on the left? with all the notifications, like that new meego thing.

Left noticifations-Middle Tiles- Right apps.
    Last edited by Winterfang; 07-26-2011 at 01:00 PM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    i said once , i said it twice , i said it 3 times and im gona say it again

MS need to integrate Wp7 ALOT more liek 80% more with Xbox live ....... one of the top selling points and it sucks .. i guess will see at mango , but so far i think mango is still missing allot of feature regarding Xbox life.

but i cant complain to much ,. it is a phone after all. haha
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Actually you should complain, is a smartphone. There's no reason it shouldn't handle all that.

Also everyone asked me if I can play Xbox games on, since most people don't know that Xbox Live is a service. I wish we got more XLA Games on it, so I can reply with a yes instead of saying. Nah is just a fancy name for game center.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    Not being able to play ilomilo on my phone, and pick up on the 360 is such a let down. That's the only reason I bought the console version. I swear I saw this being touted as a feature of some XBL games, which included ilomilo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    i said once , i said it twice , i said it 3 times and im gona say it again

MS need to integrate Wp7 ALOT more liek 80% more with Xbox live ....... one of the top selling points and it sucks .. i guess will see at mango , but so far i think mango is still missing allot of feature regarding Xbox life.

but i cant complain to much ,. it is a phone after all. haha

It looks like someone already suggested my notifications idea:
    https://windowsphone7community.userv...t-screen-for-n

They made a mockup too, although I think the icons are too small. They'd have to be bigger than that to be readable.
    http://www.sarilouis.com/notifications.png

Anyway, I voted for it. I'm sure MS never looks at that site but hey, why not.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    Some tiles, "Me tile, people tile, pinned FB contact" stop updating after about one minute. First they are there, flipping through the information, then bam, it stops, until you touch the phone's screen. Strange. I wish it would constantly flip, without having to touch the screen.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    Than png is exactly what's needed. It would need to follow the theme color and be up towards the -> arrow. Looks weird hanging down at the bottom. But it's a foot in the right direction.
    It looks like someone already suggested my notifications idea:
    https://windowsphone7community.userv...t-screen-for-n

They made a mockup too, although I think the icons are too small. They'd have to be bigger than that to be readable.
    http://www.sarilouis.com/notifications.png

Anyway, I voted for it. I'm sure MS never looks at that site but hey, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    Than png is exactly what's needed. It would need to follow the theme color and be up towards the -> arrow. Looks weird hanging down at the bottom. But it's a foot in the right direction.
    Agreed on everything.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I find it to be redundant. Since it gives you the same information the title has on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    I find it to be redundant. Since it gives you the same information the title has on the same page.
    It is kind of redundant for things like missed calls and emails. The mockup failed to show the real value of this idea. The real value would be for toast notifications. For example, if I'm running an app and I don't have the live tile pinned to the start, I could easily miss the notifications. Also, some apps could have toasts without the live tile. If you miss it when it arrives and you don't have a live tile, there's no way to know that you even got a notification.

Plus, there really needs to be a way to view all of your recent notifications in one place, and this would be one way to do it.

It would be even nicer if you could select which apps would appear there, but maybe that's asking too much.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I guess but with the infinite space you get, there's no reason for not having anything on the front. =)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast