who has received the july firmware update for HTC?

The PC Genius

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I got two HTC hd7's (one with nodo and one with mango 7712)and yesterday I plugged into Zune and received an official HTC firmware update but only the phone with nodo updated, does anyone know what improvements were made. The only thing I notice is everything is running smoother and my sound doesn't shut off when i unplug from the PC.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
nothing major, just a firmware and a radio update. i have both, i see a small difference in signal strength and stability.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It could be a placebo effect but I notice smoother performance. An example would be the start screen its smooth no matter how many tiles are pinned, where as before, if there were more than 22-24 tiles it would start to kinda stutter when doing a long flick to get from top to bottom in one swipe now performing one long swipe will get from top to bottom smoothly only this time I have 30 tiles pinned. That is the only noticeable positive difference. The only noticeable NEGATIVE difference is (ironically) reception, well, not reception more than data speeds. Reception is pretty much the same but for some weird reason my data speeds have become spotty, before, I did a series of speed tests with the bandwidth app and I saw a trend of a ~500 kbps difference between highest and lowest speeds. Now the difference is about 1.5 mbps with the fastest data speeds being the highest I've ever seen on this device at about 2.5-3.0 mbps. Now I like those speeds but I like consistency better. So before I had slower, but more consistent speeds and now I have faster, but inconsistent speeds... I still have yet to see if these fluctuations are because of the recent blackout we had because of the thunderstorm we just had yesterday. It actually got bad enough yesterday to the point where I had no signal at all, I'll let a couple of days go by to see what happens.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Not noticed any change since installing to be honest. If it had any power usage tweaks I might not have noticed anyway though, as I'm using the Mugen 1800 mAh extended battery.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Not noticed any change since installing to be honest. If it had any power usage tweaks I might not have noticed anyway though, as I'm using the Mugen 1800 mAh extended battery.

where did you get it? how much? does it give it a lot of junk in the trunk?

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I got mine from mobilefun.co.uk, ?25 (can be more expensive if you just look for HTC Mozart ones, but it's identical to the Desire Z extended battery), and it makes a big difference. I tend to only charge my phone up every other day now, sometimes every 2.5 days and it'll easily make 24 hours even with heavy use (plus I now have the original as backup).

20% more juice might not sound a load, but it's enough to nudge the battery life into not noticing how often you charge it territory, and I can go away for a weekend now knowing that as long as I've put in a full charge before I leave I'll probably get home without my phone dying on me.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3