Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi how do you do that?
    I have a Samsung Focus and when I tried an HTC7 and I logged in with my Live ID the App I had on my Focus did not showed up on the HTC.
    Why?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    cause you have to re-downlaod them every timne you HARDRESET / Get a new Phone

and you also need to start over your games. they dont have a cloud service for saved games yet or apps ( dont evan know if they ever will )

so open ZUNE on your PC to see witch apps/games you use to have .. then start searching and re-instaling from your phone.. lol :(
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

What!? That is ridiculous!!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    yeah i know , alot of people ( including my self ) have complained about this in countless treads/posts.

i sure hope they fix it in the APOLO or Tango Update next year. or atlease be able to re-loaded them with Zune ( ont he PC ) Automaticly like a SYNC.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!

Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Any apps you DL's via Zune will auto install after a reset, anything you get through the marketplace will have to be manually reinstalled. Optimal no, but it is what it is.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagolara View Post
    Any apps you DL's via Zune will auto install after a reset, anything you get through the marketplace will have to be manually reinstalled. Optimal no, but it is what it is.
    what you mean on ZUNE ?? every time i go on ZUNE on my PC to get an app it tell me to go to the market palce on my cell phone to Dl the app!?

Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    what you mean on ZUNE ?? every time i go on ZUNE on my PC to get an app it tell me to go to the market palce on my cell phone to Dl the app!?
    Weird mine doesn't, is your phone connected when you do this?

Edit: just grabbed one from Zune and here is the cap http://vvcap.net/db/XfpRQDctaEEI-UxOohOM.htp

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Just a guess, but maybe you can only download apps via zune in the US? I know a lot of crap is region specific...

More on topic: I would love if there were some kind of backup option in zune. That's one big thing I miss about my blackberry. I could backup, update, update to unofficial OSes and who knows what else, but I'd never lose my data because every time all my apps would be back, all my settings the way I left them, and all my messages would be there, too.