Trying to download the Hidden Wifi app for my HTC Surround

mikecardii

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I've updated my Surround, but I can't download the Hidden Wifi app from HTC when I click a link that opens up in Zune. I can't find it in the HTC Hub, or searching on the Zune marketplace, and it doesn't give me an option to install the app in Zune. Is there any way for me to get this app? If I had my roommate un-hide our network, and then re-hide it after I connected, would I still be able to connect?

jogabonitos

Jul 24, 2011
wp-7.pl
Did you install it before? If yes the only way is t visit marketplace again and download it but with using your phone not your PC.

mikecardii

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Did you install it before? If yes the only way is t visit marketplace again and download it but with using your phone not your PC.

I have not downloaded it before, I have tried downloading it using both my phone and my PC, there's no install link showing up when i visit on either.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Having your roommate unhide for a moment probably won't work. I just tried that out by hiding my home Wi-Fi and the phone could no longer connect.

I believe HTC removed the app because it was not working consistently. I have it and when I try to run it I get the message that I need the latest Wi-Fi software. Many people were having the same issue.

The good news is that the RTM version of Mango takes care of this.

mikecardii

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Having your roommate unhide for a moment probably won't work. I just tried that out by hiding my home Wi-Fi and the phone could no longer connect.

I believe HTC removed the app because it was not working consistently. I have it and when I try to run it I get the message that I need the latest Wi-Fi software. Many people were having the same issue.

The good news is that the RTM version of Mango takes care of this.

is there a solid date for Mango? Is there a way for an average consumer to get a beta?

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
There is no solid date because Mango is released to the hardware companies who get it ready for the devices. Then the carriers get to approve the update rollout plan. Perhaps if we're all nice to the carriers they'll be nice to us and get it moved through the process quickly.

The easy legitimate way to get Mango is to pay $99 and register as an app developer. There are some other posts here which explain how to get unofficial versions although I am not sure if that already includes the most recent beta.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3