People hub not showing all 'News Feed' posts from Facebook

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The 'Whats new' page on the People hub does not match the 'most recent' page from the facebook app. These 2 should be identical. I am not seeing one of my friends posts in the People hub. This person does appear in my people list as a facebook contact, but not his posts. Anyone know what could be wrong there?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
MS released a statement that if a "friend" doesn't allow apps to view their post, then you won't see it. It's becuase to facebook, it's app. MS said that this could be solved if FB allows the People hub to become a official app. It's not right now, it's just another 3rd party app.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks jaxstate!

So, at the end of the day, the FB integration so heavily touted by MS is basically a gimmick and you will always need the FB app to see all posts. Sad. Even with that we still can't like comments within a thread, so it is really the worst smartphone for FB...not the best.

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I took the FB app off my homescreen because I thought the people hub would essentially do the same thing. It only took 2 days to realize that it was missing alot of the features that was in the FB app.

It wasn't until I needed the FB app to check in to a place that I found out one of my childhood friends passed away in an accident. I can see pics they posted just fine but some of the statuses would not show up on the hub's app. I was pretty dissapointed to find out about his death a day late because I was not aware that you would need both the FB and people's hub to see ALL of the statuses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3