The 5 Reasons Windows Phone is in it for the Long Haul

jesdt

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Although you are having some legitimate arguments, wp7 bias is showing through on many places. I read things like
"Windows Phone 7 become the dominant smartphone OS",
"will become the leading smartphone operating system",
"make WP7 turn into the iPhone killer".

Calling WP7 the future number 1 OS is quite far fetched and takes your credibility and objectivity. You'd need far more relevant information to at least attempt to back up that point of view, which, though, will inevitably end up vague nonetheless.

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Although you are having some legitimate arguments, wp7 bias is showing through on many places. I read things like
"Windows Phone 7 become the dominant smartphone OS",
"will become the leading smartphone operating system",
"make WP7 turn into the iPhone killer".

Calling WP7 the future number 1 OS is quite far fetched and takes your credibility and objectivity. You'd need far more relevant information to at least attempt to back up that point of view, which, though, will inevitably end up vague nonetheless.

I agree it may seem early to make bold predictions, but if anyone has the money and patience to drive a quality OS to the top, it's MSFT (unlike Palm's limited resources with WebOS). Pretty much all the reviews I've read of WP7 rave about the elegant look and functionality. And I know this is anecdotal, but everyone I've shown my phone to just marvels at it. That kind of buzz can catch on.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone uses unique live tiles to display information to the user instead of the grid system which is used by its competitors.

Just wondering...do you not see the Live Tiles as a grid pattern?

jesdt

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
@ikkf I agree on its innovative design, but calling it the winner of a coming year long competition firstly doesn't relate to this fact and secondly is too bold a claim either way. I don't understand how people can easily say "this OS will beat all others", especially about one that is completely new to the market. First of all it has to grab market share, and everyone knows that didn't work out very well.

And like Microsoft, Apple and Google have about infinite money to burn on their system as well...

@Curtieson
The author means "icon grid", which in this context is relating to those poppy icons with a subtitle, just like on the Windows desktop, Android or iOS Homescreen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven