Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Brett Day
  • 1 Post By jesdt

Hey guys

Hope all is well

I am an avid Windows Phone user. Love the OS, and the devices. I have written an article that was featured on Yahoo. I just wanted to share it with you guys. Please tell me what you think. Tell me if you agree or disagree with my points. Here is the link

5 Reasons Why Windows Phone 7 is in it for the Long Haul - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

regards,
    Brett Day
    Thanked by:
    3migojfa1 
    jfa1, jaded skies and 3migo like this.

Great job!
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,277 Global Posts
    Congrats getting your article featured though I think it needed a little bit more meat on its bone.

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Yeah I agree with Figure 8 Dash, more meat

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    GamerTag: KlutchScope
    PSN ID: KlutchScope

If I helped you, Please hit the thanks button
    Samsung Focus Rev. 1.3 w/ 7720 Mango
    And iPhone 4 White 4.3.5
    And Yes, I am 14

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    Loved all the points that you made, but like everyone else, I think it needs more.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Although you are having some legitimate arguments, wp7 bias is showing through on many places. I read things like
    "Windows Phone 7 become[s] the dominant smartphone OS",
    "will become the leading smartphone operating system",
    "make WP7 turn into the iPhone killer".

Calling WP7 the future number 1 OS is quite far fetched and takes your credibility and objectivity. You'd need far more relevant information to at least attempt to back up that point of view, which, though, will inevitably end up vague nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by jesdt View Post
    Although you are having some legitimate arguments, wp7 bias is showing through on many places. I read things like
    "Windows Phone 7 become[s] the dominant smartphone OS",
    "will become the leading smartphone operating system",
    "make WP7 turn into the iPhone killer".

Calling WP7 the future number 1 OS is quite far fetched and takes your credibility and objectivity. You'd need far more relevant information to at least attempt to back up that point of view, which, though, will inevitably end up vague nonetheless.
    I agree it may seem early to make bold predictions, but if anyone has the money and patience to drive a quality OS to the top, it's MSFT (unlike Palm's limited resources with WebOS). Pretty much all the reviews I've read of WP7 rave about the elegant look and functionality. And I know this is anecdotal, but everyone I've shown my phone to just marvels at it. That kind of buzz can catch on.

Global Posts
    1,330 Global Posts
    Windows Phone uses unique live tiles to display information to the user instead of the grid system which is used by its competitors.
    Just wondering...do you not see the Live Tiles as a grid pattern?

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    @ikkf I agree on its innovative design, but calling it the winner of a coming year long competition firstly doesn't relate to this fact and secondly is too bold a claim either way. I don't understand how people can easily say "this OS will beat all others", especially about one that is completely new to the market. First of all it has to grab market share, and everyone knows that didn't work out very well.

And like Microsoft, Apple and Google have about infinite money to burn on their system as well...

@Curtieson
    The author means "icon grid", which in this context is relating to those poppy icons with a subtitle, just like on the Windows desktop, Android or iOS Homescreen.
    Brett Day likes this.