greetings from a former blackberry user!

mutize23

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Finally had the balls to make the big jump to a better phone, from a storm to a Samsung focus and I have to say I feel like I have been living under a rock lol. I've never been with a phone that has these kind of capabilities and features that the windows phone has. With that being said I do have a question I was hoping I could solve

I was playing with the Xbox live feature and got a few small arcade games here and there. I then decided to try some of the featured games like assassins creed and tentacles but after I purchased and downloaded I would get a "a attention required tap here" then it would instruct me to connect to WiFi or my computer, figuring it is a big game I understand why. My computer is put of order for the time being so I figured I would try some WiFi spots. Here's where my issue takes place. Any WiFi network open or secure I would find, the phone would say unsuccessful connection, even if the WiFi is strong. I've even been to caribou and their WiFi wouldn't work with my phone.

Is there anything I can do to solve this issue? I feel like I can utilize the WiFi feature so its kind of a bummer its not working.

Thanks in advance.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
First off, welcome!

Yeah, larger games require a wifi connection.

I don't know anything about your wifi issue, but I would always trying turning off the phone, and turning it back on, and then trying to connect again. I know that every once in a blue moon when I hit some odd road block, this usually resolves the issue.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
you are using your own wifi right? i mean your not trying to log onto a secured wifi connection that you dont know the password too...?
also if it is an open wifi connection, the signal would have to be strong enough for i tto work... try going to a panera or somewhere with free wifi, and try connecting to theirs...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers