Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    just wondering about what phones people are waiting for... my contract with t-mobile is up in april and i heard they have a high end htc wp7 coming... i know there is a lot of rumors surrounding what phones are coming out... i have no clue which one i want and as much as i despise samsung, that new omnia looks sweet.

htc mazaa
    samsung omnia w - gti8703
    dell advist - wrigley
    htc msm7x30
    nokia sea ray
    acer wp7
    htc salsa
    fujitsu toshiba is12t
    asus wp7

i definately want a front facing camera, dual core processor, 8mp camera, amoled screen, good speaker possibly beats, and a gyroscope. what are you guys waiting for or do you know yet?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    any phone that gets realesed with S-AMOLED-PLUS and atlease 4'' screen size.

im happy. and maybe a nice little 3D gimmick would be nice too :) ,

so basicly waiting for the 3rd Gen of WP , probly mid next year.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyMaker View Post
    i have no clue which one i want and as much as i despise samsung, that new omnia looks sweet.
    lol ! Samsung lookign sweet huh!! but seriously do you liek any phoesn asside from HTC? you hate dell , you hate samsung , you probly hate LG ( cause its the worst of the 3 ) i mean.... come one dude lol .
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 08-12-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Better screen resolution and better sound my HD7 stinks in the sound and volume department

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    If the Asus WP7 phone ever hits the market, I will get it in a heartbeat, but I doubt we'll ever see it on shelves. I am really looking forward to the Nokia devices, which we will actually see stateside.

For the most part though, I'm looking forward to any new phones that will hit AT&T, just for a breath of fresh air.

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    What about the WP7 version of the Galaxy S2? Forgot what the code name is.

Anyway, for me it'll either be that or whatever Nokia comes out with for T-Mobile.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sharksandwich View Post
    What about the WP7 version of the Galaxy S2? Forgot what the code name is.

Anyway, for me it'll either be that or whatever Nokia comes out with for T-Mobile.

you mean the OMNIA W , not really a copy of the S2 , more of a Downgrade.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    you mean the OMNIA W , not really a copy of the S2 , more of a Downgrade.
    No, I mean the rumored SGH-i937. See Samsung Preps Windows Phone Equivalent for Galaxy S II - Softpedia

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    HTC ETERNITY!!!

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    HTC ETERNITY!!!

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    This, as long as HTC doesn't mess up the screen like they did with the HD7S.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3migo View Post
    This, as long as HTC doesn't mess up the screen like they did with the HD7S.
    well it int gona be a S-amoled + thats for sure lol ;)

You know, I've been so happy with my Arrive I hadn't even bothered looking for another phone. This one is plenty fast, plenty useful, and just about right in size. If Samsung offers an AMOLED WP7 with keyboard for Sprint I'll get it, but outside of that I can't see myself shopping anytime soon.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kylej1050 View Post
    You know, I've been so happy with my Arrive I hadn't even bothered looking for another phone. This one is plenty fast, plenty useful, and just about right in size. If Samsung offers an AMOLED WP7 with keyboard for Sprint I'll get it, but outside of that I can't see myself shopping anytime soon.
    Same here, don't think i'd be interested in anything new, my Omnia is serving me really well in all my phone needs so far. :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    well it int gona be a S-amoled + thats for sure lol ;)
    Very true haha. The Focus is a great phone, I just can't get past the cheap feel of it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Very true haha. The Focus is a great phone, I just can't get past the cheap feel of it.
    yeah i jus wich they mix up the Galaxi s2 specs with Omnia 7 Shell. lol , and add a 3D camera. then ill pay the 700$ haha till then doh im gona stick to the focus . i dont midn the feel of it , i actually like it. :P

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    Same here, don't think i'd be interested in anything new, my Omnia is serving me really well in all my phone needs so far. :)
    If I had an Omnia I wouldn't want anything new either... That phone is so damn sexy!
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    If I had an Omnia I wouldn't want anything new either... That phone is so damn sexy!
    It is indeedy 3migo. :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

The day I'll ever look for a replacement for the HTC 7 Mozart, It will have to be as sexy and have a physical keyboard.

I can imagine it will be an impossible task and I will end up buying a new Mozart.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    LOL, yeah but I like the larger size and solid feel. My brother has a HD7, and I don't mind the screen. I'm not watching Avatar 3d on my phone anyway. LOL. Plus that AMOLED screen is a battery killer.
    [QUOTE=Se1fcr3ation;1558918]well it int gona be a S-amoled + thats for sure lol ;)[/QUOTE

a keyboard less 4 inch amazing screen expandable memory next gen processor [dual or single] with nice speakers for sprint hopefully a "sexy" Nokia. ive wanted a Samsung but there update abilities scare me. htc is crap even tho my arrive is pretty nice. but like the others i aint looking at anything, aleast not for a while im happy with my phone :)

Global Posts
    2,890 Global Posts
    Was hoping for an unlocked, unbranded, pentaband Nokia to upgrade to but that wont be happening so I'm very likely staying with my Dell till WP8. Nothing rumoured so far interests me.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    LOL, yeah but I like the larger size and solid feel. My brother has a HD7, and I don't mind the screen. I'm not watching Avatar 3d on my phone anyway. LOL. Plus that AMOLED screen is a battery killer.

hmm AMOLED int that much worst then LDC , it all depends what you do , if you have allot of dark colors with AMOLED your battery will last longer because black pixels on AMOLED dont use power (iish ) something you cant do with LCD . so the colors of your background can actually Effect the battery lol ( on AMOLED )

how to improve battery life on AMOLED: http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/batt...weak-50004123/

AMoled and SLCD compared: http://asia.cnet.com/amoled-and-slcd...d-62201671.htm

So saying AMOLED kills your battery life is not 100% accurate. more like 50% ;) and you can actually make it last longer then LCD if you stay away from WHITES
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 08-12-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I would love to see a 4" with slide out qwerty, maybe a HTC Touch Pro 3.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    Yeah, dark colors. Try the light theme and watch how quickly the battery dies. With mif - heavy use with a dark theme, I get about 8 - 9 hours of battery life on my focus. With mid - heavy use using the light them, I'm luck to get 4 - 5 hours of battery life.
    hmm AMOLED int that much worst then LDC , it all depends what you do , if you have allot of dark colors with AMOLED your battery will last longer because black pixels on AMOLED dont use power (iish ) something you cant do with LCD . so the colors of your background can actually Effect the battery lol ( on AMOLED )

how to improve battery life on AMOLED: Battery life on AMOLED screen mobiles improved by simple tweak | Crave | CNET UK

AMoled and SLCD compared: AMOLED and SLCD screens compared - Phones - CNET Asia

So saying AMOLED kills your battery life is not 100% accurate. more like 50% ;)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Yeah, dark colors. Try the light theme and watch how quickly the battery dies. With mif - heavy use with a dark theme, I get about 8 - 9 hours of battery life on my focus. With mid - heavy use using the light them, I'm luck to get 4 - 5 hours of battery life.

lo0l well stay away for the lights!!! all my backgrounds + theam are all set up to dark colours for this reason i get an extra hour or 2 out of it.

i understand it can be a B***H if u ever find a really nice white background ;)

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    LOL, can't do it. I saw a review on some site, and they were using the light background with the lime accent color, and that's been my theme ever since. I also find the text crisper when using the ligh background. Black text on the white background stands out more than the white text on the black background. IMO.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast