Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GekkoAce
  • 1 Post By TonyDedrick

I recently tried Android for a couple weeks. The main thing I liked about it was an add-on called Swype. I wish Microsoft would integrate Swype as an option in WP.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    Thanked by:
    foosball likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gekkoace View Post
    I recently tried Android for a couple weeks. The main thing I liked about it was an add-on called Swype. I wish Microsoft would integrate Swype as an option in WP.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

they have a similar APP ont he market place you can get ( its not as good as swipe doh ) and u need to copy past your texte from the app , sorta dumb.

i think mango might allow for changing the ACTUAL keybored , im sure its gona be comming soon :) but for the time being its a no go.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

But is Swipe better than the default WP7 keyboard? I mean, I've seen multiple times demo videos. Probably, I need to experience it for myself I guess.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astroXP View Post
    But is Swipe better than the default WP7 keyboard? I mean, I've seen multiple times demo videos. Probably, I need to experience it for myself I guess.

yeah for sure swipe kills any keyboard, there is a STEEp learning curve doh , but ocne you learn it and get it pat down its very good,
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

>"If you don't like Englilsh, get the **** out of America and "don't let the door hit you.""

You sound like an ignorant *****. THis is the internet and not everyone's in or from America. And English comes from England, fyi.

On the Swype point though, I'm in total agreement. Keyboard customisation is definitely one of the features driving android forward.
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by camstreet1 View Post
    >"If you don't like Englilsh, get the **** out of America and "don't let the door hit you.""

You sound like an ignorant *****. THis is the internet and not everyone's in or from America. And English comes from England, fyi.

On the Swype point though, I'm in total agreement. Keyboard customisation is definitely one of the features driving android forward.
    Well, I guess they have to have something other than crappy OS. :-)

I had Swipe on my old Omnia II (windows mobile) and it was great. It's really fast and it's not hard to pick up. It would be great to have that option WP.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrtoo View Post
    Well, I guess they have to have something other than crappy OS. :-)
    Yawn...couldn't just accept that Swype is a good feature... had to be all pissy didn't ya
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by MrSean490 View Post
    Yawn...couldn't just accept that Swype is a good feature... had to be all pissy didn't ya
    Pissy, far from it. I had a smiley face. :-)

Swype is the only thing I miss. If we could get swype on WP it would be pretty close to perfect...

I would never switch back for it, but it is amazing....
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,267 Global Posts
    I have Swype on my Nokia N8. I like it
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Same here. My short time with Android, Swype was easily my favorite feature. Would love to see it on Windows Phone
    Thanked by:
    foosball likes this.